FRUSTRATING

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

FRUSTRATING

Post by TYE »

Was out for an evening hunt tonight.

Brian saw a 10 pointer 100 yards away, but it just walked off on him.

My dad heard a deer walking through the corn behind him but it didn't come out.

I later heard something moving in the corn, and seen the corn moving. But didn't see the deer.

Pretty boring hunt for my tonight, untill....

It's dark, my dad and Brian radio and tell me they're on their way back down to me then to the truck.

So I climb down from the stand and walk 25 yards to the edge of the field, and sit on a rock to wait for them. No sooner after I sit down. A buck starts weezing like crazy. He kept weezing for about 2 minutes. Took me a moment then I realized the damn buck was underneat my stand. Talk about pissed off.

I radio'd my dad and Brian and told them to sit their butts down cuz I had a buck going nuts behind me. They could hear the buck weezing about 300 yards away from me.

So I make a few grunts and try to sneak my way back to the stand as he's weezing away. I could hardly see very well with my own eyes, but through the scope I was good for maybe 20 yards. I couldn't see him, eventually he just shutup and I didn't hear a thing after that.

Talk about frustrating :evil:

Oh well, back at her again tomorrow mornin'.
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Good luck in your deer hunting Tye. Our season ended a week ago. We have so much snow here Tye, you would need snowshoes just to get in the bush.

Now its snowmobiling for the rest of the winter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grey Owl
knobby

Post by knobby »

could have been worse Tye

ya coulda been in my stand today and had 5 orange clad 'deer hunters' tresspass on FOUR different landowners as they walked thru within sight

youll get em next time
TYE

Post by TYE »

GREY OWL wrote:Good luck in your deer hunting Tye. Our season ended a week ago. We have so much snow here Tye, you would need snowshoes just to get in the bush.

Now its snowmobiling for the rest of the winter. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Grey Owl
Thanks Grey Owl :)

My dad mentioned getting a few snowmobiles this winter, so I'm pretty excited. My moms probably not because she know's I'm crazy, lol.
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

man that bites!!!!!!!!
TYE

Post by TYE »

knobby wrote:could have been worse Tye

ya coulda been in my stand today and had 5 orange clad 'deer hunters' tresspass on FOUR different landowners as they walked thru within sight

youll get em next time
That ain't good. :shock:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Sorry about your close call!

Great that you got your adrenalin going with that tree stand buck though!

I spent some time scouting areas I don't usually get to and saw 3 white flags waving bye-bye. Sigh. Found some other fresh sign that looked good and moved my set-up. Had to quit early for a social event tonight. Was hoping to get out on Monday but I have a funeral to go to. Hoping to get out a few more times before the year is over!
PRB

Post by PRB »

I hope you get that snowmobile. That way you can get your crossbow and run that sucker down and let him have it good :lol:
Better luck next time.
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
TYE

Post by TYE »

PRB wrote:I hope you get that snowmobile. That way you can get your crossbow and run that sucker down and let him have it good :lol:
Better luck next time.
:lol: :lol:

Didn't see a thing this morning.
TYE

Post by TYE »

bstout wrote:Still a lot of fun no matter what! :D
I could hardly stay awake.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Tye,
Remember, anyday hunting is better than a good day at work or school in your case...enjoy all those moments, even those frustrating ones. It's ALL GOOD.

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

If you pay attention, you'll learn something new every time.....
TYE

Post by TYE »

Saw 2 more bucks tonight. No more than 35 yards or so, but they snuck in behind thick stuff too quick, then snuck off on me. :evil:
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

If it wern't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all... That's a saying I have found myself using quite a bit over the years. Still, I would rather have bad luck than no luck at all. Be happy that you had such close calls Tye. They show that you are in a good spot. If you keep at it , your luck will eventualy change and everything will fall into place. I don't know about you but down here this time of the year deer are super spooked. If you are lucky enough to sit in the right spot to see one. You better be ready because you may only have a few seconds to get the shot off. Stay on the lookout, know your shooting lanes and yardages, know if the backround is clear for a shot, and watch that thick stuff. I hardly ever see a deer sitting still in the open anymore. They stay in the thick stuff and keep moving. Good luck on your next hunt. Keep at it, stay alert, and be ready for a shot and your luck will change.

Also, I'm sorry but I have to side with your mom. Snowboarding and snowmobiles are fun but make sure you use your helmet this year. You have a long life ahead of you so lookout for yourself. You don't need another concusion.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
TYE

Post by TYE »

LV2HNT wrote:Also, I'm sorry but I have to side with your mom. Snowboarding and snowmobiles are fun but make sure you use your helmet this year. You have a long life ahead of you so lookout for yourself. You don't need another concusion.
:) I usually wear my helmet anyways. I won't get on the board much this winter, it's gonna be depressing.