What truck should I buy ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Hipwader

Post by Hipwader »

:D Thanks for all the info guys it is much appreciated. Hipwader
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

I've heard nothing but good about Toyota, and if I could afford one I would buy one.

Everyone has there favourites out of the big three. Trying to convince them that another manufacturer has a better vehicle is fruitless.

Do your research and hope that you don't get a lemon.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

Toyota or Dodge
navaman

Post by navaman »

chevy 3/4 ton siverado. nothing but a workhorse. 190,000 miles and still running like new. i work her hard in my construction business. "like a rock" :wink:
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
huntman

Post by huntman »

I'd have to put my vote in for the Toyota Tundra~! Based on the reviews and what ive seen its a great truck. I don't have one only cause a p/u in my line of work wont be good, but otherwise id be driving one of those. Hopefully one day i'll have a p/u just for hunting, and drive my other truck for business.
Hipwader

Post by Hipwader »

Not to sound like I've had my head up my arse but I didn't even think about Toyotas until now. Once again thanks for the imput and back to the search. Frig..Now I have another make to look at.. :lol:
maddog

Post by maddog »

Im 68 years old and have owned them all. You can get lucky and buy a good chevy, Ford or some other American truck. But Toyota and Nissan will likely outlast them all!!

Bill
BUCKSHOT

Hipwader

Post by BUCKSHOT »

chris4570 wrote:I've heard nothing but good about Toyota, and if I could afford one I would buy one.

Everyone has there favourites out of the big three. Trying to convince them that another manufacturer has a better vehicle is fruitless.

Do your research and hope that you don't get a lemon.
I own a Silverado and like it a lot, but I totally agree with Chris!
Enjoy the Harvest!
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

I have a 2002 Toyota Tundra with the TRD "Off Road" package. I bought it new in 02. I have owned them all and prior to the Tundra, I was a Ford F150 man all the way.

The Tundra is unbelievable. The quality is outstanding and the performance is equal to the quality.

I whitetail hunt everyday of the season here in Ohio. I put the truck in some hellish conditions in muddy bean fields and the like and it has never let me down.

There are few things in life that you look back at and say "man am I ever glad I got that one." The tundra is one, my Honda Foreman Rubicon is second, and my exocet is third. And if you see that this post has been edited, its because my wife happened to see it.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

i traveled for firestone tire & rubber co for 45 years, had 13 ford cars , over 100,000 on each one , had 1 ranger 186,000. i own a 1997 f 150 135.000 still like new. gas milage the ranger will get 23-24 miles per gallon highway,,,,,, the f150 4.2 v6 will get 22-23 mph, the 4.6 v8 will get 20 21 highway. if you drive reasonible.
these are my numbers not hearsay.

h.j.
they say he is still up there.
Quickshot

Post by Quickshot »

Toyota Tundra or Tacoma is the only choice. :D

As long as your happy with your choice. Good luck
enjoy the woods
Doug
Hipwader

Post by Hipwader »

Just for shits and giggles, I went out yesterday and priced some of the Toyota trucks...gulp, not with my salary will I be getting a "new" one, I better stick to looking in the AutoTrader.. :lol:

Mike P...good one about the edit.... :D
rutman

Post by rutman »

You pay for what you get!. I have an older toyota tacoma, a 97. It has 300oook on it and runs mint. I have two friends with tundras and one with a tacoma, they all love their trucks. I come from an all chevy family and this was the first time I ever broke away. Milage is better, power per cube is better, availability of accesories such as lift kits is the same. Resale is the clincher, the only better resale is a vintge vet. I will never buy anything but toyota for my wife or myself, well unless it's that vintage vet. :wink:
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
dnepr

Post by dnepr »

I can't comment to much on the other brands but out of the 2 Toyota,s I say skip the Tacoma and go for the Tundra.I think it is a better truck . Unless you prefer the smaller truck for some reason eg: easier to turn around on some tight bush trail.
Hipwader

Post by Hipwader »

:D Well after all of the reviews and truck shopping around, I think I spent more in gas looking then what my ol' girl is worth, I bought a Chev Silverado....Sorry Toyota guys, I just couldn't find a decent used one, that is a good thing for this manufacture, maybe next time. :D

Just a quick thanks for all your imput and advice.

Hipwader