My son figured out Christmas

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Maritimer

My son figured out Christmas

Post by Maritimer »

Merry Christmas all. Today of all days my wife has to work, so we asked our 12 year old son if he wanted to open his presents last night. I was really proud of him when he said no it was not Christmas and that he would wait until his mother got home from work, that way we can open our presents together. He then told me he would like to help me cook the turkey and get supper ready for when his mom gets home. I think my son has figured out Christmas, it's not about what presents you get it's all about family. :D
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

Great Son their Maritimer, very nice and considerate of him.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
Highlander

Post by Highlander »

Great to hear stories like that.
huntertroyjack

Post by huntertroyjack »

Good teaching there Maritimer!!He definitely has the maritime jeans,Merry christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family.Im also from the maritimes(Prince Edward Island)Wish the hell i was there now!I hate the city.
troy
Hipwader

Post by Hipwader »

You and your wife should pat yourselves on the back for raising such a fine young man. Not a lot of respect in the younger generation today, its all about the me game now.

On another note did you manage to get home lately ?
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

My young fellow did really good, he not once mention anything about opening his presents. When his friends came over to see if he wanted to play outside I heard them telling him what they got. When they asked him what he received for Xmas he told them it was still a mystery for he was waiting until his mother got home from work. While he was leaving the house he yells out I am going outside to play and Dad I love you. We had a great Christmas.

huntertroyjack I am origally from NewBrunswick a place called Dalhousie. I sure miss the place in the fall when all the maple and birch trees change colors. :D
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."