Excalibur Scope Mount Basic Dimensions

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xeon

Excalibur Scope Mount Basic Dimensions

Post by xeon »

Im thinking of either machining or making one out of wood. I have a pheniox so I can reference screw holes and such, but Im looking for the following:

-Overal length
-Height(Overal and Height of the part where it fits on the rail)
-Width(outside face to outside face)

Im sure its a 7/8 weaver style, and if anyone has even one of those measurments, please tell.
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

Why Wood? If this is for permanent use I don't think it would be that great of an idea. I don't believe it would hold up and stay accurate for you.
Why ride when you can walk!
xeon

Post by xeon »

Im going to buy a peice of real hard wood and do it by hand. I dont use my xbow everyday either, so it is not in my interest to spend $30 for a peice of metal that could be made out of wood. I already have the tools to make it, so its just giving me something to do.
XbowMisiu

Post by XbowMisiu »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Darz Bór!
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

xeon,I had a crossbow 12 yrs. ago made by prolone out f hsrd maple, after a few shots you had to tighten allthe screws up, you couldnt main tain ay sort of consistent accuracy.too much vibration for screws into wood,loctite or glues did nothing.
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

I should have spelt PROLINE and hard maple.
xeon

Post by xeon »

You make a good point about the vibration. That was the only thing I was worried about. You wont get the bolt to grip in there very long... maby ill stop being cheap. :D