NEW RANGEFINDER MOUNT

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bill T

NEW RANGEFINDER MOUNT

Post by Bill T »

I just wanted to congradulate one of our forum regulars "awshucks" for his great idea for a mount to hold your compact rangefinder in a position where it's easy to get a quick referance on your crossbow! Awshucks sent me a prototype to play with and I was so impressed that we worked out an agreement to make them. I've used one most of this years hunting season and my rangefinder is finally paying it's keep!
Last edited by Bill T on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A.W

Post by A.W »

Congrats to both of you!!! :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
GaryL

Re: NEW RANGEFINDER MOUNT

Post by GaryL »

Bill T wrote:I just wanted to congradulate one of our forum regulars "awshuks" for his great idea for a mount to hold your compact rangefinder in a position where it's easy to get a quick referance on your crossbow! Awshuks sent me a prototype to play with and I was so impressed that we worked out an agreement to make them. I've used one most of this years hunting season and my rangefinder is finally paying it's keep!
Super for sure Congrats to awshuks :!: Bill T. that same mount can also be used as a video mount for the smaller video cams such as I have, so any members wanting to flim your hunt might want to check it out.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
BOB7255KHZ

Post by BOB7255KHZ »

CONGRATS......betcha this would work for a camera mount also .
Great idea.......

BOB
DyHard

let's see

Post by DyHard »

Lets have a look, when will they be available?

DyHard
saxman

Post by saxman »

Congrats awshuks. cant wait to see it
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

Is there any concern with the shock of the bow going off and damage to the rangefinder? I know I tried a video camera mount on top of my scope and it would cause the camera to "skip" at the moment of shot - seemingly a little to harsh for the electronics. Just curious if this has been tested.
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Congrats Awshucks!! Excellent work!

I think the shock issue will be different from a video camera due to the fact that a camera is on while the shock is absorbed. It would be difficult to test due to the various amounts of range finders available.
Bill T

Post by Bill T »

As of now we've not tested a video camera and honestly I'm a bit concerned about damaging one with the recoil so I wouldn't want to recommend using it as a camera mount. As far as rangefinders are concerned, we've had no trouble with the system in testing without a shock absorbtion system, but just to be sure we developed a sorbothane system to reduce shock substantially.
Makomachine

Post by Makomachine »

Bill T wrote:As of now we've not tested a video camera and honestly I'm a bit concerned about damaging one with the recoil so I wouldn't want to recommend using it as a camera mount. As far as rangefinders are concerned, we've had no trouble with the system in testing without a shock absorbtion system, but just to be sure we developed a sorbothane system to reduce shock substantially.
Bill - That is great news! I'll probably be picking one up myself before next deer season - great idea!
Excalibur Phoenix
Vari-Zone Scope
Steddy Eddy
Gold Tip LII / Blazer vanes / Tracer Nock / Slick Trick BH
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Thanks guys! Here's a little info. 1st off, I have the cheapest Bushnell rf you can buy. My mount had no rubber for dampening like the Excal version does. I put over 1200 shots thru an Emax w/ rf on w/ no problems. I have not tried a video cam w/ it. I have Danny Miller over the bow quiver mounts on my 3 xbows, the rf mount works w/ quiver off, but not on. Bracket does not interfere. I generally take my quiver off in stand or blind, so it's not an issue for me, and my knees prohibit stalking.
I am very pleased to have contributed something to a sport I love.
"Eze 18:21"
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Yep .... Keith made a camera mount ( you can only see the outline of it above his scope at a distances in this picture )( he may have another picture of it close up = it utilizes the upside down scope mount as well ) ... but when he tested it in the back yard shooting at a target it immediately went out of focus at the shot from the recoil ....

See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Golden Eagle

Post by Golden Eagle »

Congratulations to Both. I might invest in one.
Hipwader

Post by Hipwader »

Congratulations Awshucks !!!!
diesel

Post by diesel »

Thanks , Awshucks and congrats to you. That really is a great ideal.

Bill T.
Thanks for posting your thanks to Awshucks. It realy shows what a great person you are. I'm so glad I bought an Excalibur and get to deal with ,
a company and a man of your integtriy. :D

Thanks Larry