The meals at hunting camp

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Arkbow

The meals at hunting camp

Post by Arkbow »

Do any of you cook your fresh kill at hunting camp? how do you prepare it ? what part of the kill {deer, elk, moose, ect;} is cooked first?

When I cook a fresh kill it makes the hunt so much more special to me especially when I'm away at hunting camp; I cook the meal {tenderlions} the same way at home BUT they just seem to taste better at camp; just wondering if ya'll feel the same; let us know your famous recipies for your "camp supper" thanks;
Hunt hard, respect what you hunt and waste no meat;
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Everything tastes better at the camp! LOL Even a regular old PB sandwich. :lol:
duber

Post by duber »

Back straps over oak coals is a meal that can't be beat!

But I have to agree with VixChix anything is better at the camp.Except track soup it sucks :wink:
175 Exocet
Vari-Zone scope
Gold Tip Laser 2's
100 grain Wasp Boss
TPM

Post by TPM »

We always have a feed of grouse when we do our grouse week-ends. The meal consists of strips of grouse meat fried with butter, onions and mushrooms in a cast iron frying pan over an open fire. Usually served with creamed corn or green beans on the side.
A favourite lunch at the camp is weiners (preferably Red Hots) cut up and mixed with creamed corn. Quick and easy and tastes sooo good.
Leonard Hawkins

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

Used to go to colorado, First meal was pork and saurkraut, after the long drive everyone needed to get cleaned out. LOL
Hipwader

Post by Hipwader »

Leonard Hawkins wrote:Used to go to colorado, First meal was pork and saurkraut, after the long drive everyone needed to get cleaned out. LOL
I wouldn't want to be within a hundred miles of your camp after that meal. :lol: :lol: :lol:
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

we have chili ,works about the same.
wild willie

camp food

Post by wild willie »

paitpile what about the moose roast bear back straps deer roast i think you great bear guides spend to much time drinking luckeybeer
Last edited by wild willie on Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wild willie

camp food

Post by wild willie »

paitpile what about the moose roast bear back straps deer roast i think you great bear guides spend to much time drinking luckey beer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: