Showing off your crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TYE

Post by TYE »

A.W wrote:I'm starting to feel so.............inadequate. I only have two Excals. :shock:
Join the club... :lol: :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

My bow hangs in the basement on a hook. We live in a small house with no extra space. I'm grateful for the room we have for our outdoor gear in the uinfinished part of the basement. We have enough. :lol:
huntman

Post by huntman »

WOW R.J. thats quite a collection! Im JEALOUS!! Nice set up as well... How many do you have in total? Enough to change each day for 1 month of hunting?lol :lol: I really need to find a friend for my 1 excalibur, poor exomag 200 is lonely!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

You can only shoot one at a time :lol: .... my Exocet 200 is my main weapon of choice now ... seems to fit me the best .

I got lucky finding the Wolverines for the collection recently ...

Doesn't matter if you have 1 or 100 ... it's cool to see what the other guys are shooting or what they have collected over the years ...
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Sierra

Post by Sierra »

A.W wrote:I'm starting to feel so.............inadequate. I only have two Excals. :shock:
Ditto, A.W.

I was telling the wife about RJs collection, thinking I might get some sympothy and I might be able to obtain another xbow, but her reply was "You already have two crossbows and you can only shoot one at a time" Why would you need anymore? :(

I did not pursue the issue.
2006 Exocet 200
3x ProView Scope
85 grain NAP Thunderhead
Wolverine Hunter 20" CrossBolts
Original Stock String
Bolt Speed 320 fps
Hipwader

Post by Hipwader »

Sierra wrote:
Ditto, A.W.

I was telling the wife about RJs collection, thinking I might get some sympothy and I might be able to obtain another xbow, but her reply was "You already have two crossbows and you can only shoot one at a time" Why would you need anymore? :(

Smart choice Sierra :lol: :lol: :lol:
A.W

Post by A.W »

Sierra wrote:I was telling the wife about RJs collection, thinking I might get some sympothy and I might be able to obtain another xbow, but her reply was "You already have two crossbows and you can only shoot one at a time" Why would you need anymore? :(

I'm guessing you made a wise choice because you were still able to walk over to the computer to type this. Either that or your fingers are still operational and you crawled over to the computer. :lol:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

RJ.is the one wolverine ,cherry wood.Do you think it is worth more than the standard cammo one, by the way an imprressive collection.one the custom wood stocks why recoil pads.isnt recoil forward on a crossbow?
A.W

Post by A.W »

I'd say that the recoil pad is more to protect the bow/stock/scope in case you drop it.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
saxman

Post by saxman »

These are the only pictures I have of mine
ExoMax with my Michigan doe

And in the case ready for air travel. Thanks for the idea Digger.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
sidekick

Post by sidekick »

Hey folks,
Been gone for awhile but good to be back. I noticed the stand you're using for your crossbow...it looks almost exactly like the guitar stand I use for mine. I play guitar and had a few extra stands laying around and found out they're great for my crossbow.
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/KOhunter/EXCAL25.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h200/KOhunter/exocet20050.jpg[/img]
The two keys to a succesfull life-
"PASSION" and "COMPASSION" !!!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

The recoil pads are just for to finish off the stock .... Mark Henegar ( a forum member ) makes them .... several guys have got them off him over the years ....

The smooth wood stock Wolverine ... I paid the same as the other one , but there are definately not as many of them out there ...

I believe it is a guitar stand with the Excalibur logo on it .... I bought it from the Bow Shop in Waterloo .

The other stand that holds the Black laminate Exomag ... is handmade from chris4570 ( another talented forum member ) .... what a piece of artwork it is ! ( the custom black laminate Exomag has a Mark Henegar stock and I got it from Wayne Jones aka bj = another forum member )

You get some good deals on here once in awhile ...
Last edited by R.J. on Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Big John

crossbows

Post by Big John »

I see RJ's showing off again eh? :) :)
I've had five Excal's since I started Cross bowing.
Two 175 Carved Tip Exocet's. One sold to a young Teenager starting out.
Two 200 Exomag's. One of these sold on here.
My newest bow the Exomax. 8)
Can't find a pic of the Exocet, but here are the other two:

Exomag 200

Exomax

Hey Pydpiper: Thirty yds. Freehand , Exomax, same bolts as yours. 8)

Making more now for you to Robin hood: $$$$$$$$$ :wink:
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
TYE

Post by TYE »

My Phoenix.

GaryL

Post by GaryL »

OK .... :D Might as well make a list eh :!:
I can not show all of mine as half are packed up now, had to make room to move around in the homestead per the BOSS err I mean the wife.

I have 2 Relayer's, one in A1 condition and one that needs the scope mount holes drilled out and re-tapped as the guy twisted them off :evil:

Had 3 Wolverines, one went to jh45gun, one to my Grandson, still have one with a cherry stock "MINT". Put MagTip limbs on it with a FFF string and DP bars/pads .... :D

Have two Exocets one 200LB and a 175 with a pair of light limbs extra.

Had two vixens, one went to whyitsmike in Ca. Wheel chair bound and a good friend .... :D

Had one Phoenix gave it to my oldest Son for Christmas.

Had two 185LB ExoMags, one went to a friend of HOSS .... :D

Had two 200LB ExoMags, sold one use the other one it is my PRIMARY xbow .... :D

Had a ExoMax but sorry to state the only Excalibur xbow I could not get to like, but plan on the new one coming out this year with the thumb hole stock .... :lol:

Have one souped up Point Blanc, nice easy shooting xbow, took my 8pt buck with it this year .... :twisted: :D

Have one Ten Point Stealth X2, 185LB smooth shooter and my PRIMARY back up xbow .... :shock:

Have a MINT Barnett commando thinking of listing it for sell on e-bay .... :twisted:

Have two older wood stock xbows with the alum. limb wall hangers only .... :roll:

One older Horton 150LB, still a nice xbow and would sure still use it as MINE shoots great .... :D

However R.J. has the best collection I have seen so far, not putting no one down :!:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!