O\T Hip replacement tomorrow........

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

A.W

Post by A.W »

Good luck. :wink:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Leonard Hawkins

Post by Leonard Hawkins »

Good Luck with surgery. Best to you "HOSS" Hawk
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Im back fellas came home today and had to take a nap first thing...I tell ya you dont go to the hospital to rest thats for sure they had a ballon pillows on both lower legs that pumped up very 45 seconds and bleed off for 15 and the start over..Its to prevent blood clots..well aint no sleep to be had even with sleepin pills..They left me in bed monday...Teusday had me up and walkin Tuesday night I walked about 75 yds around the nurses station...and then this morn they said I was doing good enough to go home..I will say haveing some upper body strenght helps alot cause you need it to get up and around..Im glad i cut some firewood a few days before the surgery I was buffed up a little..Hey Bob check this website out this new ceramic stuff is awsome suppose to last a guy the rest of his life...It wears 100 times less than Titanium and when Titanium wears it puts of a titanium dust of sorts the body senses this and starts to reget the implant...Ceramic on ceramic is Aluminum Oxide even if it wears some it an inert material and the body wont react to it..Mabey they can do your next on or 2 like this...Hey all you fellas needin hips or know someone who needs one pass around this info.

http://www.activejoints.com/ceramic-hip.html

http://www.stryker.com/jointreplacement ... /index.php this is what i got...

http://www.hipsandknees.com/hip/hipimplants.htm
Ifn you guys need more info let me know and I will try to dig some up...
I feel great a little sore just from being manhandled and cut on but that old bone on bone pain I had that kept me from sitting down and hiking far IS GONE>>>> Im real excited to say the least..Thanks for all they prayers from my fellow hunting friends...Now off to bed to catch up on some more sleep..
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Hoss,
Great to hear you're doing well. Keep us posted on your progress.
wabi
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Hoss, Good to hear it went well. You rest now and Happy Dreams. :wink:
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D :D Glad to hear every thing went well, and your up and around so fast. best wishes for a speedy recovery GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Digger

Post by Digger »

Good to see your home and recouperating.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Maritimer

Post by Maritimer »

Glad to see that back and that everything went well, wish you a speedy recovery.
[img]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y28/Maritimer/Junk/doggy2.gif[/img]
We did not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children."
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Glad to hear everything went well, Hoss! Sounds like you'll be good to go soon ... this year will be one to remember, huh?

Keep on getting better!
Grizz
John Wade

Post by John Wade »

Hoss wrote:old bone on bone pain I had that kept me from sitting down and hiking far IS GONE>>>> Im real excited to say the least..Thanks for all they prayers from my fellow hunting friends...Now off to bed to catch up on some more sleep..
Good news to hear you'll be back in the woods.

Q. How do crazy hunters go through the woods?
A. They take the psycho path.

jw
John Wade the Dog Trainer
www.johnwade.ca
deerdhunter

Post by deerdhunter »

Thankful the prayers were heard! Good to have you back and as a bionic man better than ever - we trust!
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

Bstout you know I hold your opinion in high regard Bro....I will and understand that logic...I will wait 6mths or as long as it takes before I go solo..I love hunting to much to screw this up..More time invested now will pay out in greater longivity in the future...I think i will have Greywolf make me a T-shirt saying that or something like that... :wink: Thanks again guys for your support...

Hoss
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
wabi

Post by wabi »

Hoss,
When I crushed a vertabrae in my back in the mid 1980's I asked the doctor, "how long until its healed?". She said 3 months. I said, "so in only 3 months I'll be 100% recovered and can do anything I want." to which she replied, "Oh NO - it will be a year before the bones reach full strength, but you can walk aroung and do light lifting in 3 months."
I gave it a full year before I would lift over 20 pounds or so, and it has never caused me any further trouble.
I would guess your joint replacement would be similar. I'd give it plenty of time! A year or so is small in comparison to the rest of your life!
wabi
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

Welcome Home Hoss :D

Glad to hear you are doing well and the surgery went good.... Take it easy and be good to your new hip for awhile :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
afd34744

Post by afd34744 »

Hey Hoss,

Hope things went well. You will love your new parts. I had both my knees replaced in March '06. Still not 100% yet but much better off now. Titanium is the only way to fly. Pain in the butt going through an airport though.

Frank