late season suburban buck(pics)

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

rutman

Post by rutman »

Congrats! Whats he score?. Beautiful rack are ya getting a shoulder mount?.
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
schnarrfuss

Post by schnarrfuss »

That is a awesome looking buck. Lot's of charactor in that rack.
"Hunting is not a matter of life or death. It's much more important than that."

Exomag-Lumizone-Thunderbolts-Slicks-
Blasers-GroundpounderMount-CustomBooString

Bowtech Destroyer Compound Bow Fully Loaded
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

rutman wrote:Congrats! Whats he score?. Beautiful rack are ya getting a shoulder mount?.
I'd say 125ish B&C and 140-50's under the Va b&c system

im just curious as to how he was killed though.. Season went out in Va on Jan 6th :?: There is a special antless only season for 3 counties but this isnt a anterless deer :?: Not to start trouble but im just curious since you are only 1.5 hours from me and still hunting

here are the laws for Va and nowhere can I find deer tags allowed after Jan 6th
http://www.dgif.virginia.gov/hunting/re ... s/deer.asp
taxman

deer

Post by taxman »

thanks guys. i forgot to take my "do rag" off before i took the pics. all it is is a old camo t shirt that i cut the sleeves off and put it under my cap to absorb the sweat. i sweat a lot--even if its 20 degrees.
as for the hunt--i killed this buck across the river in maryland behind a clients 3 million dollar house. it fell in the backyard 2 houses down. luckily--everybody was inside and i was able to get it out of the subdivision without incident. these homeowners either love you(for reducing the deer #'s) or HATE YOU (for shooting bambi)
i have a couple of trail cam pics of this buck--but i thought it was just a 6pt. i could not see the "crab" points on the trailcam pics
taxman

still hunting

Post by taxman »

hey farmer

you are correct in that only does are still allowed to be taken(till the end of march in fairfax co) maryland season ends at the end of janruary. the season there starts on september 15--about 3 weeks before virginia season starts.
i am only 30 minutes from md. sometimes, i stay overnight at my clients house and hunt the morning to avail traffic commming back to va.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

ahhhhhhhhh, so it was a MD buck then... I was wondering lol.. If not I was moving up to woodbridge so I can hunt;) HAHAHAHHA

congrats on there deer;)
taxman

thanks farmer

Post by taxman »

although the deer looks big and im glad to have harvested him, he only has a 16" spread. the g-2's are 10". if i had to guess--i would say 110ish. he only weighed 133 lbs.
Rich

Post by Rich »

Nice buck Taxman. I love hunting in the snow.
crazyfarmer

Re: thanks farmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

taxman wrote:although the deer looks big and im glad to have harvested him, he only has a 16" spread. the g-2's are 10". if i had to guess--i would say 110ish. he only weighed 133 lbs.
still a nice buck for out here on the east coast... Not everyone is like that freak they killed in Charles county(268B&C or something) :D