Used Excalibur price

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bowster

Used Excalibur price

Post by Bowster »

I have been on the look out for a used Excalibur and wondering if this forum could give me some advise regarding price and what to look out for.

I'm considering either a Phoenix, Exocet 200, and Exocet (older model). I'm not eliminating the Exomag / Exomax.

What should I be looking for (i.e. evidence of damage) and what kind of cost would I be looking at. :?:
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

They hold the value very well. Usually the best used deals are where you get an entire package. As long as you can live with the scope and accessories.

I would say for xbow only expect to pay at least 2/3 the new price, really for about any model or year excal. That has been my experience.

I bought a used 04 exomag for around 230, it had a nice red dot scope, bolts, sling, quiver, all the goodies. That was an exceptional deal though, I had been tracking them for months.

I think I found the exomag on this forum. Ebay is a good place also.
diesel

Post by diesel »

Excalibur never wear out or brake down. So they hold their value .
If I was going to buy a used Excalibur I would look @ the Excalibur trader. Hawg Hunter has a used Exomag and for the price of $400.00 US I would love to have it. I feel that it is a good deal.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

There is little to go wrong w/ an Excal, they seem to have a near lifetime warranty from stories related here, no advantage to "dumping" a problem that would get fixed for free. I've done business w/ a few forum members, good people one and all.
"Eze 18:21"
A.W

Post by A.W »

Keep an eye on the "Trading Post" section of the forum. Some times you can pick up a good deal there.
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
Friggs

Post by Friggs »

Bowster,
I was in the same boat as you were several months ago. After researching online and this forum it was certain that excalibur is one of the finest xbow on the market. Like I found out, used excalibur xbows are hard to find. You might have to bite the bullet and buy a new one like I did.
During the last shotgun deer season, I had the opportunity to target shoot an exomax and found it truely amazing with it's power, speed and accurarcy. Shortly after the gun season, I visited my local hunting shop in Oshawa and with their expert advice I found the Phoenix which I fell in love with. I found the Phoenix's balance and fit and it's 175lbs. pull the best for my shorter stature and turning 50yrs., I thought that I could get many years out of this xbow.

But, this is only my opinion and you will find many other opinions on this forum to which xbow to buy. Do yourself a favour and research and also go out and try various models and find which one shoots and fits you and your needs the best.

Good luck...FRIGGS
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

bstout wrote: Well worth the extra money not to have someone elses cootie's on it.
Cooties!

Hadn't heard that one since grade school, man! You're a blast from the past, Bob!

Carry on, Dated One. :wink:

BTW ... I share the same inherant suspicion of used mechanisms.
Grizz
A.W

Post by A.W »

I never fired a crossbow until I bought one several years ago.

I was surfing the Net and stumbled onto this forum. After reading it for a few days and asking some questions I just went out and bought an Exocet (175lbs at that time) and haven't looked back.

It's the only website I've ever been on that caused me to be poorer after visiting it. :lol:
[img]http://photobucket.com/albums/b38/allan_w_/th_tinybuck3hj1.gif[/img]

Exocet your options and exCalibur8 your sights.
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

pick up a copy of the TRIAD at most variety stores .there are usually a couple for sale in it,and they will be located in sw ontario.for the price of a phone call you can put a wanted to buy ad in it they usually sell quick.good luck.
Bowster

Post by Bowster »

Thanks for all the responses...
My brothers both hunt with excaliburs and I have had the opportunity to shoot one of them, Exocet 175 I think. I was rather impressed with my first three shots being within one inch at 20 yards. Now I know that isn't me but to the quality of the bow. I haven't had the chance to shoot any others but that first experience with an Excalibur is hard to beat.
The post was to get all the different opinions on what, if anything, I would have to be concerned with buying used. I have noticed that once a used bow is listed for sale, most often sold within a few days.
From your responses, I don't think I have to worry about buying used.
If nothing shows up before turkey season, I will be visiting the Bow Shop.
If the thrill of the hunt is lost, then I have lost.

Phoenix - Varizone Scope - Custom GT Laser II - 100 grain Slicks / brass inserts - Boo string

PSE Axe 6 - Axcel Sight - QAD Rest - TruBall S1 Release
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

I think I just like to brag.... but I got

-2005 Excalibur Exomax
-Vari-Zone Multi-Range scope 2-4 x 32mm
-Scope Rings
-Scope Mount
-Original front and rear site
-Quiver Bracket
-Excalibur 4-Arrow "Realtree Hardwoods" Quiver
-Deck Wax
-Excel String
-Flemish Fast Flight String
-Rope Cocking Aid
-Crossbow Stringer
-5 Arrows w/Plastic Vanes (Gold Tip Laser II)
-3-Arrows w/Feather Vanes (Gold Tip Laser II)
-5 85 gr.Target Points
-7-85 gr. Crimson Talon Broadheads
-Padded Sling
-Rubber Gripped Arrow Puller

all for $510 delivery included. It showed up in excellent condition, and I LOVE IT.
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
Digger

Post by Digger »

Rage , I Think you should show a little more enthusiasm when you talk about your Excal. :wink: 8)
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
Rich

Post by Rich »

Rage,

You paid way to much, I wouldn't have went any higher than $509............just kidding, that was definetely a good deal.

Rich
Deanmac

I saw this today on another site

Post by Deanmac »

http://forum.gon.com/showthread.php?t=99287

$500 for an exomax I think that is what I paid for mine used.
Take a kid hunting and you will be rewarded
shurite44

Post by shurite44 »

The add says exomag. I bought a used one with all the trimmings for 230 shipped. Not a good deal at 500.