broadhead test

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Grizzly Adam wrote:That may be a lot of typing for you, Crazy ... but I only contribute to the forum when I'm taking breaks, for the most part!

It only took me several minutes to write that post, if that. Over the years I've developed the ability to type around 50 words a minute, with few mistakes ... part of my work. I have to produce around 40 pages of written material per week for scheduled public addresses anyway, so I don't think of my forum contributions as being lengthy.

I hope ya'll don't find my commentaries burdensome. :oops: I enjoy participating in this forum. Guess maybe I should "keep my mouth shut." I have enough typing to do anyway!

I'll try to be more succinct in future posts. :D
HHAHAHAHA, its no big deal man.. I enjoy reading. I only type with 2 fingers so I'm not as fast as you are;)

bstout, I'm lucky cause my new garage is exactly 20 yards long on the inside. So I have a indoor range LOL. I just pray I never miss the target though LMAO
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Did another test. . .it's cold and very windy here today. Figured I'd test the extreme. Since the last test, I purchased a spinner. Before I started the test, I selected and spun the bolts with each broadhead attached. I detected wobbles in two of my Wasp broadheads! They were not wobbling due to being attached to the bolt, instead they were wobbling at the point. The actual cuts for the tip were off center! Now, I think I found my problem!!

To make a long story short . . .I shot the NAPs and the Wasps from 30 yards in true "hunting conditions", windy and cold. All six shots hit within 1.5 inches.

I got two Wasps I'll sell cheap . . .lesson learned. The spinner was worth the money $12. Spinning the broadheads in my hand didn't expose the flaws in the broadheads. The spinner made it easy to focus on the tip and see the not so obvious wobbles.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
speedball

Post by speedball »

sumner, i've found in the past the spinner has many benefits for practice and for broadheads, i have yet to shoot any wasps but i bet they fly as good as ST's many fixed heads would fly alot better than guys give them credit for cause they are most of the time out of tune,speed......... :D
gone huntin never to return................
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

You are probably right speedball . . .I just never thought the points would be cut off center at the factory, I have one that's well off center and after close inspection, I have two that are slightly off center. I checked the Slick Tricks and they are perfect . . .I only have three, but they were perfect.

The ST's grouped very well, but the POI was a few inches left of my field tips.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
speedball

Post by speedball »

sumner,i tried my new set-up bolts today 455 grain cx hunters with the 5" vanes and 125 grain Slick Tricks wow the st's shot better than my field points, is that possible?? i hit a 1/2" square at 25 and 30 yards repeatidly and with the f.p.'s it was a little high a little right a little high and so on, oh i was shooting inside at my freinds huge enclosed garage i can shoot 50 yards inside!!! ya now thats off season practice,speed :shock: :D
gone huntin never to return................
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I'm jealous speedball! You have the CX Maxima Hunter? I want to try those. Going out of town this weekend. My local shop didn't have any last week. Maybe in a week or two.

Nice shooting! "Fly better than field points" . . .haven't seen that ad . . .yet.

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen