Mechanicals for 315 FPS

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

We x bow hunter have shown our ability to apdapt to the gear that was not made for us. Now, through the next 10 years, I think we will see a lot more stuff made for Horizontal bow hunters and not hand-me-downs from the vertical folks. Someone else's pants are better than no pants but not as good as pants that fit. I am looking forward to a real choice of mechanicals and broadheads made for x bow hunters that will have improved balance, weight and be able to take the speed of our bows. Horizontal hunting is coming into it's own. The market knows it and is begin to court us for our dollars. Soon the magazines will follow as there is advertising bucks there. The bow associations will fall to the pressure of increased horizontal hunters to be included. The P&Y's of the world will follow Safari and Ontario systems and develop a category for horizontal bows and the bucks they harvest. You can feel it coming.
Kendo Kid
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
rutman

Post by rutman »

shewe wrote:i've had good luck with the wasp jackhammers....though they do require an o ring (two o rings for an xbow) you can use a thin wire to shoot for practice that will keep the blades closed. :)
Diddo on that one! :shock: Performance is unbelievable!, they are accurate and you just use two orings for bows that exceed 300fps. Anyway if you want to be broadhead enlightened check the "reapers edge" forum. :D
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
new paradox

Broard heads

Post by new paradox »

I have used the Grim Reapers for the last two years.They don't have a band and they make a hole big enough to put your hand through.To practice I took J B weld and glued the blades in place.