Lincoln, Nebraska range NOT allowing crossbows...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Catsclaw

Lincoln, Nebraska range NOT allowing crossbows...

Post by Catsclaw »

I can't copy/paste the whole thread, but I'll post the link and part of the story. Any Nebraska folk who want to put in your .02, please feel free to call the range. I'm trying to get the name of the range and location now...

http://nugeboard.tednugent.com/ubb/Foru ... 83773.html

A quote from the thread....

"FINALLY I got to speak to someone who actually helped me. He said that they don't allow X-bows because they are following the rules set forth by the NFA (National Field Archery Assoc.). THERE rules don't allow for crossbows. Something about a walk through range and the power of the crossbows."

This is BS and must be corrected ASAP!!!!!!

Location is in Lincoln, Ne. It is on North 48th Street. It is right next door to the trap/skeet range.
[url=http://www.thedisabledlife.com]www.thedisabledlife.com[/url]
I ain't hidin from nobody, Nobodys hidin from me!
Rebel Hog

Re: Lincoln, Nebraska range NOT allowing crossbows...

Post by Rebel Hog »

Catsclaw wrote:I can't copy/paste the whole thread, but I'll post the link and part of the story. Any Nebraska folk who want to put in your .02, please feel free to call the range. I'm trying to get the name of the range and location now...

http://nugeboard.tednugent.com/ubb/Foru ... 83773.html

A quote from the thread....

"FINALLY I got to speak to someone who actually helped me. He said that they don't allow X-bows because they are following the rules set forth by the NFA (National Field Archery Assoc.). THERE rules don't allow for crossbows. Something about a walk through range and the power of the crossbows."

This is BS and must be corrected ASAP!!!!!!

Location is in Lincoln, Ne. It is on North 48th Street. It is right next door to the trap/skeet range.
Get them Girl!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:
"Just an Ole Sinner Saved By Grace"
www.floridaconservation.org/
navaman

Post by navaman »

too bad we can't get all get a responnse like i did when i called a san angelo texas archery range where i'll be working for awhile. when i asked the guy on the phone if i could shoot my crossbow there he just said , in a real pleasant voice, " sure ! anytime you want. just come on by. " the range in palmdale ca. where my step-son lives is run by crossbow haters. too bad. so i went ahead and bought him a target.
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

Crossbow haters? Who are they? Why do they hate crossbows?
LoneWolf

Post by LoneWolf »

I'm an indoor range officer for the archery club I belong to and we welcome crossbows at the outdoor range, as well as on the 3-D walk through course. However, as it is now we do not allow them in the indoor range but there are enough crossbowers in our club that we're looking into having an indoor shoot night for crossbows only.
Ontario Trophy Bucks
Rebel Hog

Post by Rebel Hog »

LoneWolf wrote:I'm an indoor range officer for the archery club I belong to and we welcome crossbows at the outdoor range, as well as on the 3-D walk through course. However, as it is now we do not allow them in the indoor range but there are enough crossbowers in our club that we're looking into having an indoor shoot night for crossbows only.
Kudos to your club!!! I wish there were more in the US. :wink:
"Just an Ole Sinner Saved By Grace"
www.floridaconservation.org/