Pics from today.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chris4570

Pics from today.

Post by chris4570 »

Went out to take down my last stand this morning. Decided I would do some scouting, look for sheds, and set up my trail cam(try to see who made it through the season).

Before I got to my spot I talked to a farmer about hunting his property, his daughter owns it so he'll have to talk to her but he said more likely than not :) ! Find out next weekend.

I just finished setting up my trail cam and began to move towards my stand and I saw a couple deer about 150 yards away but angling towards me. I waited them out and managed to get some pics as they got closer. After they bounded away, I paced them off at 25 yards.

Also flushed a dozen turkey! They make a ton of racket when they take off.

You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
huntman

Post by huntman »

great pics Chris!! Thanks for sharing! A little nippy out there today to be scouting...
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Great pics Chris. Good luck with the private property permisson. I have been saying for some time now that I want to start asking around, but like most things, it keeps getting put off :oops: .
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

great pics, and i too am guilty of putting off the look for more property, when you dont own your own acerage you can never have enough permission!
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
Rebel Hog

Post by Rebel Hog »

Great pic's! Thanks for sharing
"Just an Ole Sinner Saved By Grace"
www.floridaconservation.org/
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Cool pictures Chris ! ... always good to expand " the range " ... looks like beauty weather today , cold but clear ! .... I'll be in the field Monday to Thursday this week .... hope to get another batch of pictures then ...
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

Looks like a couple nice lady's made it through! Are you asking for bow season 45-70 season or both?
Nice pictures.
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

It was a beautiful crisp morning. Perfect for scouting!

I do hope to expand the "range".

I will be asking permission strictly for bowhunting. I don't own a 45-70 any more. Was stolen a few years back. Still love the caliber though!

Will try asking a few more farmers/landowners next weekend. Can't hurt.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
wabi

Post by wabi »

Good pics!
I miss my 45/70, too. I've owned a few over the years, but the last one was probably the most fun & accurate. A T/C condender pistol. At the time it wasn't legal for deer hunting, so I let it go to a new home. Today it would be legal. We used to target practice in an old stone quarry, and a beer bottle at 100 yards was an easy target with it. Took a few sessions to get the wrists toughened up, but after I shot it for a summer it was nothing for me to put 50 to 100 rounds through it in an evening. You sure didn't have to look for a dent in the primer to see if it had gone off! :lol:
wabi
Big John

pics

Post by Big John »

Very nice pic's Chris4570. :) 8)
Look's like very nice hunting area.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
pphoenix

Post by pphoenix »

Great Pics, also tought of going out today, but never left until 12 :lol: and ended up going shopping for some tools.
Moxie

Post by Moxie »

Those are nice pictures. Thanks for sharing Chris!
Terry

Quad 300 x2
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

Cool pics, I love this weather. Went target shooting today great day to be in the outdoors ( if you don't have to sit still).
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

great looking pics, Chris
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

Couple of nice young does. I love this time of the year and the next 2 months.

Grey Owl