How far North have the Wild Turkeys made it?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BUCKSHOT

Yah

Post by BUCKSHOT »

Just last week I tried to take a picture of a Tom and three hens with my cell phone, but the pictures turned out grainy, that was about 10 minutes from home!
A farmer at work has a flock of 18 or so, just East of Huntsville!
There are more and more each year, go Turks go! :wink:
Enjoy the Harvest!
huntertroyjack

Post by huntertroyjack »

There are turkey's in Lasalle,Windsor,.We've seen a large amount,up to 30-40 while hunting deer in Rodney,Tilbury area.
troy
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

I dont know about that, but I help train hunting ( Labs ) dogs in Texas in the later winter months and my bro brings many pheasants down there to train with and now some locals think they have pheasants in Texas..A few get away sometimes when we throw and shoot live birds we dont always hit them..I know they are slow moving and easy to shoot why do we miss...I cant tell ya why..must be the night before drinks that effects a way I shoots the next day... :oops: :shock: :lol:
Dedicated.... ta all the sweet Bucks yet ta die!
DanO

Post by DanO »

Anybody seen any Turkeys in the North Bay - sudbury area (I mean feathered ones of course!) Sounds like they are moving North quite quickly.

Dan O.
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

From what I understood from the turkey course (a few years back now) was that the northern range of turkeys will be determined by the amount of snow and severity of winters. Global warming aside, I'm very glad to read the reports of them heading north! YAY!
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

A few years back they put a trial flock of birds in around Noelville just south of sudbury .