Cool turkey pic's and Late Season goose opener ...

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

TPM

Post by TPM »

Yep .... less is better , and if you can get way out in the field away from cover they seem to be more confident .. We used 10 magnums including the chairs and approx 1/2 dozen standard shells ...
Glad to hear it works. I'm not a hardcore waterfowler, I've only been doing it for about 8 or 9 years now, but I do enjoy it more and more every season. There's certainly lots to learn before you can really get good at it. That's part of what I like about it.
In terms of shotgunning I've always been more at home in the uplands. Give me a Fabbri or an H&H Royal (preferably in 20ga.) over a GSP or a Britt and I'm in my glory! :D Okay, I'll have to settle for my Citori and my Pirotte and whatever dog we happen to have tag along but I still love it. :D :D September can't come soon enough.....
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

R.J.
Excellent hunt with a guy who can call as well as he can shoot. My pleasure. My favorite part was when we were trying to pick up the gear to go home and they just kept coming. I really like calling them while you pop up and bast them.

I need to rig a harness so Bear can pull a sled. Went to Canadian Tire and they on had sheets of plastic for sleds. I will have to hit the garage sales or build something for next year. I will also check the field with the stone blinds on the weekend to see if they are using that field yet.

I just took 15 shells so felt really stupid pointing an empty gun at them while saying, "Bang! Bang! got you both."

Mossberg Semi-auto 3 inch, Carry lite decoys I have had for 10 years. Shot lots of geese over them.

I cleaned all 5 birds when I got home. I can do a bird every 15 minutes and that includes bagging and clean up.

The photo are great and Joy liked them a lot. Full story to follow.
Jon
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
Shakky

Post by Shakky »

Great pictures R.J. Looks like you guys had a great time.

Jon did Bear get to come along?
chris4570

Post by chris4570 »

Great pics as per usual. You must go through a heck of a lot of film!!!! You must have a room full of albums/boxes full of pictures.
You can take the man out of the woods but you can't take the woods out of the man.

"Celebrate your harvest with a Bloodtrail Ale(tm)!!"
"It CAN Be Done!"
rutman

Post by rutman »

Great Pics! Good hunt!
I love the strutter pic. :D
Thanks
Rut
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks guys ...

chris4570 wrote :
You must go through a heck of a lot of film!!!! You must have a room full of albums/boxes full of pictures.
I do have boxes of old photo's from the 35mm days .... now files and files on my PC from the digital ...

Last Wednesday , from sun-up to sun-down I took 166 frames to get 24 images that I liked !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "
saxman

Post by saxman »

Those turkey pictures get me all excited.
Great shots as always R.J. I enjoy them.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
CH

Post by CH »

Great pics again .That pic of the hen is awesome. We'll get the turkey's down this year for sure can't wait.... :lol:
Decoy Dan

Post by Decoy Dan »

R.J
Great pics and good job on the geese.
What type of calls do you and Jon use or what do you prefer.
Dan.
I'll let my exocet do my talking.
kendo kid

Post by kendo kid »

Lohman
The only ex who has a piece of my heart is Excalibur
R.J.

Post by R.J. »

Thanks guys .... hope to get some more pictures Wednesday ...

Decoy Dan wrote :
What type of calls do you and Jon use or what do you prefer.
I like flute style goose call .... I have a beauty Ernnie Kister call , hand made from Cocabola wood ... it has a nice sound to it , and its my lucky call !
See Ya. ... R.J. > " Remember , Trophies are measured by the time and energy expended to get them , not the size or quantity of the quarry "