Exomax-first crossbow impressions-serving wear

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Matthias72

Post by Matthias72 »

On theory the comsumption increase with a square law:
for example: Phoenix comsumption factor is 175*175=30625; Exocet200 is 40000 and Exomax is 50625. In easy words that means:
Exomax eats the serving 60% more than a Phoenix or 26% more than an Exocet200.
And the consumption reason is principally due for the pression with the relase hooks. The only real way to decrease consumption is to decrease the pressure for square unit. How? Using a serving with a great size. Or a string with bigger size. If in future Bill will project a new relase hook a little bit bigger than actual(for example two times the actual surface) it will be a very good emprouvement because it will reduce for half the pressure for square unit and our serving will be eaten much more less.
Last edited by Matthias72 on Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hunting&Crossbow- www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org -The first Italian crossbowyers site

Exomax&Exocet200
Meopta Artemis 2000 3-12x50
Wolfszeit adjustable scope mount
Absorber V-BAR
Ultra-sensitive trigger
2219xx78-620grs-21% FOC
Nap Nitron
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Double wrapping the serving with the small diameter material leaves me with a serving that is slightly larger than the factory serving. I did not notice a different POI. The second layer of material fills the void when the first layer is stretched . . .however, with such a small material the gapping would be smaller too. The larger total serving also forms a grove for the rope cocking aid that allows it to be clipped in the same spot everytime. It's automatically put against the rail. I'm sure there are some negatives . . .I just have not found them yet.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Big John

exomnax

Post by Big John »

Matthias: The only problem with increasing the string size is, slower feet per second. However, increasing the surface area of the release hooks seems to be a very good idea. It may require only changing the shape of the hooks. This is a good thread. :)

And I love my Exomax, even if it eats servings. :)
Once sighted in, and a few shots now and then before a hunt, and I won't wear a serving out during a season. Every season I buy new strings anyway for all Excal's. As well as dissipator pads. Speed and power always deserve the best. The Max and the Mag rule! 8)
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Matthias72

Post by Matthias72 »

Yes, I agree, and I hope than someone inside Excal will keep this :idea: idea for a future improvement :D :!:
Hunting&Crossbow- www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org -The first Italian crossbowyers site

Exomax&Exocet200
Absorber V-BAR
Ultra-sensitive trigger
2219xx78-620grs-21% FOC
Nap Nitron
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

This is probably a stupid question but has anyone thought of, or tried putting a piece of heat shrink or plastic tubing over the serving? I am thinking that it would probably slow things down from the increased size and the plastic dragging down the rail instead of the fabric like serving material, but it may make the strings last much longer. Also, does the serving material stretch at all making it loosen up over time? If so would a braided fishing line with little or no stretch like spiderwire be a possible alternative?
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
Matthias72

Post by Matthias72 »

If you use the Excal Stringing Aid, you can notice how mutch the plastic tube will be eat by relase hooks. So a plastic tube is not a suitable material. I don't know for sure, but the material with the major anti-consumption property is the Dyneema fiber. I bought some time ago some meters of it, with a big size .040, made for Kite Surf sport, and I make my serving with it. I noticed a good performance, specially with Exocet200 but with Exomax it also suffer.

Exomax&Exocet200
Absorber V-BAR
Ultra-sensitive trigger
2219xx78-620grs-21% FOC
Nap Nitron