Need advice from all members!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

Post by M&M »

Is it possible that he just really doesn't know where the property lines are? If they are well marked i would talk to him it might not even be his stand could be someone pouching both of your property and you could do both of you a favor by discussing it and mabe even make a friend in the process. M&M
Dert

Post by Dert »

build a blind right next to his and tell him that he has to bring the coffee :)
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

The line is well marked an old fence and painted trees.
I have found an older ground blind as well 30 yards up the fence line but on my side. I will have to go speak with him and put a stop to this in as friendly a way possible. One thing I will not stand for is people hunting my land without asking first!
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

The direct approach is best , just remember to be civil .
wabi

Post by wabi »

By finding the one on your side you might have a good way to approach it with him. "I found where someone has put hunting blinds on our properties near the property line - without permission! If I tear the one on my side down will you remove the one on your side? - I do plan to hunt that area this year, and I don't want some poacher slipping in on me!"
wabi
ch312

Post by ch312 »

just goto his door and tell him? just amke sure u know exactly where the property line is before you go so you dont make yourself look like an idiot :wink:
TPM

Post by TPM »

I'd start with a friendly approach but don't be afraid to get firm if need be. I dealt with a tresspassing problem years ago when I first bought my huntcamp. Before I bought it the previous owner had never set foot on the property for almost 15 years. Some locals picked up on this and had been hunting the property for years. Some friends of mine were hunting my property one day when they ran into these guys. They politely told them that the property had been recently sold and the new owner didn't want anyone hunting on it without permission. These locals then told my buddies that since the land wasn't posted they were going to continue hunting it. I then decided to post the property with "No Tesspassing" signs at the access points. A few weeks later I returned to find they had ripped down all my signs and burned them in a small fire pit they had set up at the bottom of a hill. They also left their garbage laying there including a couple of empty wine bottles. The next fall I was doing a little exploring on my property when I came across some fresh slash marks on some trees marking a trail. I followed them back to within 20 yards of the right-of-way they were using to access my land. It was obvious they were back and they didn't want anyone to spot their marked trail from the right-of-way. During deer season I was lucky enough to run into them early one morning while I was out deer hunting. I told them in no uncertain terms that they were tresspassing and I was "concerned about their safety" while I was hunting. They left and I never saw them again.
Fox

Post by Fox »

Remember that this is your neighbour, there should be a little give and take within reason. Speak with him and air your concerns, normal people are reasonable.
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

honesty is the best policy. I on the other hand found a stand on our land so i threw it across the property line.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

HEY TIGERPAW, TRY TALKING TO YOUR NEIGHBOR FIRST. IF THAT DOESNT WORK THE 6 FOOT FENCE MIGHT BE YOUR NEXT OPTION. IF A FENCE IS NOT FEASIBLE, YOU MIGHT PLACE A LARGE BRUSH PILE OR PLACE SEVERAL BIG HAY BALES INTO HIS SHOOTING LANES. IF THAT CANT BE DONE TRY POSTING YOUR LAND AND BUILD A "BLIND" IN FRONT OF HIS BLIND. IF HE THINKS THAT YOU WILL BE HUNTING YOUR BLIND, IT MAY KEEP HIM FROM HUNTING HIS BLIND AND HUNTING YOUR LAND...DID I SAY THAT RIGHT? :roll: GOOD LUCK

JAY
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
xeon

Post by xeon »

Chainlink fence will do the trick. He will probably be to chicken to try and shoot through it, and it would piss him off more than anything else you could do.
BigUgly

Post by BigUgly »

Can't say for sure what I would do. I do have a friend however who had to deal with the same thing. Well not exactly but close. He bought some new land and when scouting it found a great funnel to hunt. Now this guy is the most free easy going guy I know. He went to the nieghbour with ententions of making arangements so they could both enjoy this quality spot. The nieghbour went on to say I've hunted that blind for years with no issues and I'm not about to share it. My buddy was a little annoyed to say the least. What did he do put a blind in front of the other guys and used the trail to the local as a latreen. He didn't actually hunt it the first year but kept somewhat of an eye on it. By the end of the season the other guy had moved his stand.
I hope tigerpaw won't have to go through this but it worked.