Quickspins?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ChappyBoss

Quickspins?

Post by ChappyBoss »

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone has tried Quickspin fletches on their crossbow bolts. Good, bad or any opions?

Regards ChappyBoss
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

i have been using quick spins for a few years now and i find they are great , i go in several tournaments a year with my crossbow and have always placed, i will not use anything else, some guys have told me that you dont need them on crossbow bolts but i really think they help keep the arrow stable and really help when you need a little forgivness, so i say YES try them you wont be dissapointed, they will help .
ChappyBoss

Post by ChappyBoss »

xbowking,
What size are you using for competition and hunting. I was thinking with the extra rotation I might be able to use 2.5" or 3" for both?

Regards and thanks for posting,
ChappyBoss
Big John

quikspins

Post by Big John »

I bought a pack of 36 to try out. 4"in. Vanes.
I found out that I can get the same results from Blazer 2"in. Vanes with a three deg. offset for 1/3 the price. Also they weigh a bit more than most. So you need to compensate with weight forward help. They are nice though. If you add them to a Big Game bolt, like brass inserts at front with Wraps on back and 125 gr. Heads, you get a very nice K.E. Bolt. with good weight.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
ChappyBoss

Post by ChappyBoss »

Thanks John,
But over here in not so Great Britian, Blazers are close to impossible to get. But Quickspins are available fairly close to home (my local archery shop).
So would the 3.13" size work well with slick trick broad heads. They fly pretty well with four inch vanes. But I know from my vertical bow shooting that the quickspins do tend to tighten groups. Always nice to squeeze that extra little bit of accurancy from what ever gear I am using.

Thanks ChappyBoss
Big John

quikspins

Post by Big John »

My best advice to you would be, use a little longer for field points, and a little shorter for Broadheads. When using Quickspins. IMO anyway. I find that shorter seems to be better most times.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

Hi chappy , i use 4" quick spin vanes, for both hunting and competition, with no off set or maybe 1 degree.
ChappyBoss

Post by ChappyBoss »

Thanks xbowking and John,
I will refletch some bolts and give them a try. I will let you know the results.
Thanks again for providing me with some useful information.
Regards ChappyBoss
ninepointer

Post by ninepointer »

I've been using 4" Quickspins for the last 2 years and I really like them. The only drawback I've noticed is that they are not as easy to straighten with steam compared to other plastic vanes.
Slick Trick 100 gr. Standard broadheads
Groundpounder Quiver Mount
hawg hunter

Quick Spins

Post by hawg hunter »

Ihave used thes vanes "Quick spn Hunters" with a sligh degree of offst. they are as accurate as blaser and are a lot tougher. As ninepointer in the prvious post pointed out they are a little harder to starighten with heat but as I said very durable. Ronnie
Swede

Post by Swede »

Me and a european Excalibur dealer tried Quickspins on the Excalibur carbon shafts ( Series 22 Carbon ) with target points. And then we compared it with the original vanes. We used a Vixen for the test. The thing we found out was that the Quickspins made the arrow a bit slower. :?
ChappyBoss

Post by ChappyBoss »

Swede,
I would imagine that they would be slower- higher spin rate = more drag. But what was the grouping like?

ChappyBoss
Swede

Post by Swede »

Grouping was as good as original vanes. I prefer Duravanes.....
bj

Post by bj »

Swede wrote:Grouping was as good as original vanes. I prefer Duravanes.....
ditto...