Grohmann knives

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

BOB VANDRISH

Grohmann Knives

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

A.W,you are definitely right when it comes to a boning knife.
I was referring to the general cutting of meat,after deboning.
I think the same thing applies to skinning too,where you want a sharp,but slightly rounded edge without a sharp point on the blade, like an "ulu" knife so you don't puncture the skin.
I posted this info before where we use a golf ball and a cable to skin deer,and you never make a hole in the hide!
Once you prepare the animal's body with several select cuts,you can skin them in two minutes!
Those comments should get someone's curiosity going!
Bob Vandrish.
TPM

Post by TPM »

I posted this info before where we use a golf ball and a cable to skin deer,and you never make a hole in the hide!
Once you prepare the animal's body with several select cuts,you can skin them in two minutes!
Those comments should get someone's curiosity going!
I think I know what you're talking about but I won't spoil your fun. Saw it in a deer hunting book once. Does it work well????
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
mblaney

Post by mblaney »

I always skin deer with a rope (and a rock or large nut). I have skinned them with my tractor, truck, winch, wifes car... :D

This does an excellent job and keeps your meat hairless, you don't cut up the meat and the hide is in perfect shape (except where you shot it). I took pictures of this process once, showing the hide coming off, i can scan them and post if asked. I recommend that you try this, you will never go back to doing it the sore-knuckle way.
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

Just had the Russell Grohmann people tell me that the new 50th Anniversary Limited Edition knife retails for $199 Cand'n,plus tax and shipping.
I am getting the itch!!
After you get up to 70 knives,what's one more?
It would never be used,as it is too beautiful!
Bob Vandrish.
rigbymi

Post by rigbymi »

I got these two last year from Knivesdirect and am very happy with both of them.
Riggs
rogerx

Re: Grohmann knives

Post by rogerx »

Your knife is cool, I am just new here and I want to share my Grohmann Knife.
Here is it.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I ordered the #X107SD Outdoor Knife they have seconds on sale for 50% off @ $37.50 could not pass up that deal. This will be my 3rd Grohmann purchase....

Here is the link...

http://www.grohmannknives.com/pages/clearance.html
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
BOB VANDRISH

Post by BOB VANDRISH »

It was interesting to see my old posting on these knives resurrected again after so many years!
I did buy their Centennial,and it will be used strictly as a display knife.
That gives me three Grohmanns in my collection.
For anyone looking for the supreme edge in a knife,you should look at the Buck 110 Alaskan series in S30V steel.
I have been a collector of knives for more than 35 years,and this steel is the best by far that I have ever come across.
I now own two of them,one for the collection and one for regular use.
They hold an edge longer than any I have ever owned.
If you do your homework,you can usually buy them for under $80
Grohmann is good,but S30V steel is the way to go!
Bob.
Bob Vandrish.
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I ordered the #X107SD Outdoor Knife they have seconds on sale for 50% off @ $37.50 could not pass up that deal. This will be my 3rd Grohmann purchase....

Here is the link...

http://www.grohmannknives.com/pages/clearance.html

I,ve got one Grohmann knife, the origional that I bought as a kit and assembled myself.
I was on there website recently and saw some of the knives that are seconds and on sale for very good prices.
Been thinking of ordering one of the X107SD Outdoor knives also...they are beautiful.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
S5 with dB Killer Bumpers
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

bellerivercrossbowhunter wrote:I ordered the #X107SD Outdoor Knife they have seconds on sale for 50% off @ $37.50 could not pass up that deal. This will be my 3rd Grohmann purchase....
I ended up ordering the same knife yesterday.
Like you said, just to good of a deal to pass up. :)
This will be my 2nd Grohmann knife for now...there's a couple others I'd like to have.
Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
TPM

Post by TPM »

We have an X107SD that my bro-in-law picked up for us. He toured the factory while vacationing in N.S. a couple of years ago and bought it in the factory store. Never used it, saving it for our son when he gets old enough, but it is an amazing looking knife for the money. At $37.50 for the factory clearance cosmetic seconds you will not find a better knife. You'd pay that for a junk chinese Walmart hunting knife! I've had a #1 for years and it's a favourite of mine.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

I have the #1 also TPM and I really like the size of the knife and how well it handles...sharp as heck too.
I recieved e-mail notification from Grohmann today that my X107SD is in the mail and on it's way.
Hope to see it early next week maybe?

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I also have the GR#1 in which I bought based on the reviews the knife got on this forum. I have found it to be an awesome knife for dressing deer. I will never use anything else again.

The knife wasn't as sh harp as I would like out of the box but I am very particular about the sharpness of my knives. The knife holds its edge well.

I do like the looks of the #R100SD Large skinner though. One can never have too many knives. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Horizontal Hunter wrote: One can never have too many knives. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bob
I tend to agree with you Bob but the wife...not so much!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads
j.krug

Post by j.krug »

Well my Grohmann Outdoor Knife showed up in the mail to day.
I ordered it from their website as a second for a great price.
I was a bit nervous ordering a second because it said the handles have imperfections such as dents or cracks but I took a chance as the price was great.
The sheath is a second also.
Both the knife and sheath have a small "S" stamped on them, I'm sure so they can't be resold as 1st's.
It took me quite a few times looking over the knife to find why it's a second...I finally found a very tiny chip near one of the handle rivets that is so small it's not even noticeable unless you look really rally close.
As for the sheath I can't find an imperfection on it??

I'm very pleased with this knife purchase even though I was skeptical at first. :)

Vortex
Trigger Tech 2.5 Trigger
ShadowZone Scope
Boo String
Big John Zombie Slayers
Rage Broadheads