BARNETT BLEW UP %&^%)(*&^

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

saxman

Post by saxman »

Sorry to hear that brother.
I have had 2 barnett's and both blew up.One on me and the other I sold and it blew up on the second shot on the new owner.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
diesel

Post by diesel »

Man;
That sounds bad. Just glad your ok.
taureau noir

Post by taureau noir »

Sorry for you,hope it heal fast.
There is only one remedy:always shoot Excalibur Xbow.
Taureau noir
coyote170

Post by coyote170 »

I have two Quad 400s,had trigger jobs done on both by my gunsmith
have over 350 shots out of mine no problems so far,have been
shooting my Ten Point for the past month and have retired the quads
wife was worried about the barnetts reputation and got me the
Pro fusion,hope you heal soon,take care!
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:x :x Thanks guys , this stupid crap with an infeerior product has realy made me think about how much a BOW MFG. CO. cares about it's buyer's and the $$ Bottom Line $$, I got this dam bow to help out a friebd and I am dam lucky it didnt kill some one or do more than just dislocate a few fingers. As a rule of thumb I would recomend not purchashing any used compound xbow , without knowing it's history. !! I have never heard of any EXCALIBUR doing this . A lesson well learned ( OUCH !! ) My hand now is turning a nice shade of dark blue and black :( When this bow comes back from BARNETT I will give any one a realy great deal on it !!! :idea: I am sure I will have a bunch of peoiple begging to get it !! :lol: :lol: :lol: Any way thanks for your concern and kind words Oh ! I did talk to a law firm ( DUEY , SCREW . EM & HOW ) they said to stay with EXCALIBUR :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:lol: Next time I make a post about another brand of xbow , Please kick me in the groin twice !! and then send me back to XBOW 101 :lol: :lol:
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... hp?t=17654
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Hope your fingers get better soon, Greywolf.
Grizz
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

You don`t turkey hunt do you ? It would be a bugger to hold a striker .Hope you get better soon .And if Bill ever knew there was a fault with the bow he would be all over us to fix it NOW.
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

MY LORD GREYWOLF, I TOLD YOU YOU HAD A BARGIN, WOW GLAD YOU WERE NOT SERIOUSLY HURT, I SHOOT BARNETT & SO DO 3 BRO. IN LAWS , WE HAVE NEVER HAS ANY PROBLEM,BOY THIS MAKES YOU THINK, I DONT LIKE THE SOUND OF THIS,,I THINK I WILL CALL BARNETT .
WELL HAVE A NICE DAY,HATCHET JACK
they say he is still up there.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Kick
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Glad you were not seriously injured Greywolf. I shot Barnetts from 1986 until 1995 when I finally got tired of the quality and reliabilty of them. During that time I had a few of them go off when I just simply took the safety off. Other times though I had problems just trying to take the safety off, like it was jammed. If I would pull the string back again as to re-cock it the safety then would work properly. Mind you it didn't happen a lot but it was enough to allways put doubt in your mind. When I heard about Excalibur and finally got to shoot one I sold the two Barnetts I had and purchased an Exocet and that was that.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

Y'know, I came quite close to getting a barnett when I first started shopping for crossbows. I settled on Excalibur because they looked easier to maintain. The guy at bowhunters superstore sealed the deal when he told me a dropped compund was way more likely to "instantly disassemble" than a recurve. Could be the thing got dropped and damaged the release mechanism without showing any exterior damage.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

When I went into my local shop to purchase a bow last October . . .the owner had a room full of Barnett bows and he claimed they were all trigger issues. He had two in stock and refused to even show me one. He showed me the repair room instead(probably 12 bows in there), then showed me the Exomax. The rest is history.

You are not going to be happy with those fingers for a while . . .got a wife or girlfriend?
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
rutman

Post by rutman »

I know I'm not huntin with anyone with a xbow like that!. If it's happening to so many why don't they recall the junk?. I smell a law suit coming their way. Better it happened on the bench than just as you got in the tree stand a mile or so in the bush. Excal or verticle for me!
rutman
paradox
graphite goldtip laser II's
wasp 100gr. jakhammer sst expandibles
Love it all!!!!!!!!!
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Yooowwwwcchhhhh :!: :!: :shock: :? :( Man that had to Hurt !!! Glad you are ok. Throw the Barnett in the nearest lake just to be safe.