Correct Arizona E Z Fletcher

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

PRB

Correct Arizona E Z Fletcher

Post by PRB »

Is the Arizona E-Z Fletch Pro the correct size fletcher for the GoldTip Laser II's ?
Thanks
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
GaryL

Re: Correct Arizona E Z Fletcher

Post by GaryL »

PRB wrote:Is the Arizona E-Z Fletch Pro the correct size fletcher for the GoldTip Laser II's ?
Thanks
Yup as long as it ain't BLUE
Carbon (small) fletcher is Blue incolor, Reg. fletcher can be either black and tan, or Green with two green arms and a single tan arm.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
PRB

Post by PRB »

Alright Gary sounds great...Thanks
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I got a AZ EZ Pro over the weekend at Bass Pro Shops along with some 2" Blazers. The thing works great and I didn't even have to read the directions because I attended the Gary L. eschool! So far 6 Oreos and 6 perfect fletch jobs.

Thanks Gary L.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

:?: It seems that most everyone is going to the shorter 2" vanes. My question is why ?
Maybe you guys shoot at a faster speed than I and you don't need great stability from a crossbow, maybe it's to improve F.O.C.

I shoot from 294 to 305 fps. with my Xbows. What improvement or advantage does 2" vanes provide. ? My GT lazer !!s came with 4" vanes, should I change them? Will this add more F.O.C. and a little more speed?
Thanks
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I went to the 2" vanes because it seemed to make sense to me that in windy conditions, there is less surface exposed to the wind. Therefore, more accuracy . . .accuracy is more important than anything else. The better FOC and speed are additional factors that just add to the accuracy issue. I have not had a chance to test my groups with the 2" vanes, but, I bet they will still be very good . . .even in the wind. Others on the forum have tested them with broadheads with very good results. They do look a liitle out of place on the bolts. :lol:

I made 12 shots today. It was a little windy . . .no difference in the POI from the 4" vanes to the 2"vanes . . .so speed addition is small. I didn't really notice a markable difference. However, I didn't test them head-to-head. I may do that tomorrow and I'll let you know.

However . . .to answer your question . . .it doesn't seem to make a huge difference, so no need to run out and change your set-up.

I normally only have 4 or 5 days to bow hunt . . .so I don't stay in the house if it's windy. Therefore, I'm looking at every advantage possible. If it's windy, I'll still go out, still find a low spot in the pines and hunt till dark. :lol:
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Boo

Post by Boo »

I've been using Blazers since last year some time and the biggest benefit to me is the durability. They don't get damaged as easily by other field tips and when they pass through a target the don't distort as easily.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

:) Thanks for the replies, I'm gonna try them one day to see for myself.
Probably more F.O.C. needed if I start using Tracers or luminocks.
ecoaster

Post by ecoaster »

Gary,

I have one of each, blue and grey. I thought the blue one was for the carbon laser IIs, is this wrong??? Is it for the smaller diameter carbons for verticals?

I used it on a few laser IIs and the fletching seems okay.
I hunt for memories, the meat's a bonus!
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

ecoaster wrote:Gary,

I have one of each, blue and grey. I thought the blue one was for the carbon laser IIs, is this wrong??? Is it for the smaller diameter carbons for verticals?

I used it on a few laser IIs and the fletching seems okay.
Arizona E-Z-Fletch Pro (Green in color) 2013 - 2514 Aluminum shafts and large carbon shafts such as the Goldtip shafts and some others.

Arizona E-Z-Fletch BLUE - Smallest carbon to 2018 Aluminum. GoldTips/lazer II's should not fit this flecther :shock:

The carbon fletcher 2013 - 2018 is BLUE in color, The E-Z- Fletcher Pro is generally green but also do have a early black one. Arms are changeable on Green one but not on Blue or black one.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

I also have one of each. My experience is that I have not had much success using the "Blue" one(carbon), fletching any arrow larger than 1916's, when using feathers. When fletching with vanes, there isn't any problems. These jigs are much easier to use with vanes.

Regards
Joe
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

pokynojoe when you buy feathers pay attention to the base of the feathers. Some have really thick bases and can give you problems, look them over good and pick out the thin based ones. I get mine from a archery dealer here in town and get to pick my own out not pre-packed.
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

Gary, I did notice that about the feathers. Unfortunately, I'm not able to pick and choose. I have a "green" one though and that pretty much solves the problem.

Thanks
Joe