O/T 22 dead

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

xeon

Post by xeon »

You will never keep guns or other weapons out of the hands of the 'bad' people, ever. The only way to solve such things is to provide the help to the people, before they do some crazy stuff like this. Im sure there were warning signs, but none of us will really ever know. I hate how this is going to paint everyone with the same brush...

You might be able to get it so all the 'good' people will own firearms, and all the 'bad' people will do without... but where do the bad people get the firearms in the first place? The good people. Its a continuous cycle, and there are ways to stop it, like complete prohibition of firearms, but that would be too impractical. How about increased storage requirements? Have it so people have to secure their firearms properly. How many of us can say that if a couple of burglers broke into our homes, each carrying a trolley, whos gunsafe wouldn't be wheeled right out their front door? That in my opinion is the real problem.
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

What a tradegy. The current count is 31 dead and rising. Its hard to believe that he did that much damage wit two handguns. When I first heard it I figured an assault weapon was used.

HH
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

33 total now.. VT's gonna catch hell for not shutting the campus down when the first 2 were killed at 7:15am. Tech thought they had the situation under control so they let students come in and go to class elsewhere. Then 2 hours later 31 others died :( Seems the guy chained the doors shut so he had it somewhat planned out.

xeon, I agree with what you said but its no way to put people into who needs help and who doesnt. You could be perfectly "good" oneday and then something causes you to snap so you pick up a gun and kill everyone near you. Its looking more and more like this was over a girl I think.. he planned and killed 2 at 7:15am in their room. Then went to a classroom and killed 30+hisself.
swiftfox

o/t 22 dead

Post by swiftfox »

watched the 6 o'clock local news when I got home from work. My prayers and tears go out to all of the young people who died today. Young life should not be ended this way. All off the dreams, aspirations and goals have been snuffed out in a single moment. How do you send a group hug to every one who need it now? :cry: :cry:
Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor in the morning the Devil says "Oh! crap She's up"
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I'm a VT grad of '86 . . .I had several classes in Norris Hall. It's a beatuiful campus . . .so many great folks there . . .this thing has just made me sick. I'm going to wear my VT clothing as much as possible this week as a sign of support.

My prayers for all those injured, killed and their friends, classmates and families.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

What a tragedy. How sad for those who lost loved ones.
Grizz
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

the concealed gun permit is coming out now. Its hard to say if it woulda helped or hurt so you never know if someone with a concealed weapon might freak out and start shooting others also.

I do know if this idiot busted into a class and started shooting, atleast some of the kids could have defended themselves and maybe, just maybe saved 30 lives :( Its just a never know situation

I cant say what I woulda done, But i know if I did have a weapon there I woulda used it to save someone or myself. Im sure many many others would have done the same

like someone else said, why couldnt this guy just shoot hisself and leave the other 32 people alone
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

I think the guy wanted to shoot as many people as he could because he blamed them. He was smart and calculating in what he did not deranged or crazy. In most cases people like him are mad at society or at the nation and they want to make it pay by killing as many people who make up society or our nation as they can. They think the people in this country are responsible for making it the way it is and they arn't doing anything to make it better so they are all guilty and deserve to die. These guys are not happy with it and they alone can't do anything to change it so they may as well go out with a bang by taking out as many people as possible and then their voice will be heard. It is not a hard thing to understand.

There will be many more incidents like this in the future. VA tech is just a drop in the bucket and there will be incidents to come that will make Tech look like nothing. The media is making sure of that because they won't let this thing go for weeks. Right now there is someone sitting out there staring at their tv, brainstorming on how they will top this, how they will become famous, how they will make the country pay for the injustices done to them. The fact that the media is going to keep them inthralled in their ideas for weeks because they can't turn on the tv or radio without thinking about it is making it much more likely that they will one day go out and do it.

I am sick of hearing the media blame the school because the school never knew that would happen or had any idea it was possible. They acted as anyone else would.

I am also sick of hearing all of the morons out there blame what happened on guns, video games, movies, etc.

If we realy wanted to fix the problem we could do a lot, but it will not happen because it is easier to blame it on causes that have nothing to do with the problem like guns, and because the people who would fix it (politicians) don't want to because they are too busy getting rich instead. Fixing our problem would require the rich to get poorer and the poor to get richer so they will never try to make things right. Here are some ideas of things I think we could do to help. Some are extreme but I feel they would help greatly.

We can make it possible for every american to have a good life as long as they work. I dont care if they are flipping burgers, mopping floors, or picking fruit. They are playing a crucial role in the survival of our giant machine called America and they should be given credit for that. They should get paid enough to have a house and a car and the rest of the basic things needed for survival.

We can reduce the size of school classes and increase the amount of teachers and their pay. They are the first line of defence besides these peoples friends and family. They should have groups of students small enough so that they can be personaly involved with each one and therefore have a chance to spot the warning signs that that student needs help.

We should make it possible for a single adult to buy a house with one income instead of making them get married to be able to have a home.
That would also make it possible for a parent to work one job while the other parent stays home and raises the kids. I don't know about you but I hate the idea of having kids so they can be watched by some stupid girl at a day care who cares about nothing but getting paid. Who screams at my kid when he does something wrong and ignores him when he isn't acting bad. I was talking to a friend the other day who pays $120 for his son to go to day care every two days. It is the most basic form of care too. No special treatment or special developmental programs.

We can reduce the normal work week to three or four days. There are enough unemployed people out there to take up the slack so their problem would be helped as well. That would give americans more time to be with their families, friends, and loved ones to relax, feel loved and to relieve the stress that builds up way to fast in todays world. Plus it would give them more time to hopefully spot warning signs that their kids, family, or friends need help before it comes down to a shooting rampage. It would also give them more time to pursue interests and hobbies to make them happier.

We can provide places and programs where people could go when they are having problems that may lead to them snapping. We would have to guarantee them that they wouldn't be turned over to the police or locked in a luney bin though and that they wouldn't lose their right to own a weapon and we would have to make it an annonymous thing that wouldn't haunt them for life.

Thats it for now. Again my prayers go out to everyone involved including that boys parents.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

from what I hear he left a list of things he was mad at

he hated rich kids or people
hates anyone in the blacksburg area

etc etc etc...

Well, why the hell was he hear to begin with? His teacher said he english essay really freaked him out since it contained some sick material. Probably noone said a word about him before since if they did, then someone would call racist. Its a sad world. If we turn someone in for something we dont like, then we are the ones that get into trouble. If we dont, then they might go off and kill 30+ people.. go figure

im sure we will find out more info as the days go by.. its just so sad that 32 people are gone that had nothing to do with this guy :( He took them down because of his own issues
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

on CNN right now they are interviewing the guys roommates. They said he would chat with girls on AIM and stalk them. But never tried to hurt them though. They also said he told them he had a imaginary GF that was a model.

he supposedly stalked a girl onenight just to look her in her eyes to see what kind of person she was

he also set alone and listened to music all day long. Oh and he always signed his name as question mark. He had no visitors, not even his parents all year. Bascially shut off from the world. They said he only spoke a few times to them(his roommates)

its obivious this was a strange person.. how the heck did he even get into college? He seems like someone that didnt even try in school so how did he make the grades to enter tech?
widowman

Post by widowman »

Seems like his last shot was his best shot, its a shame he did not take it first.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

widowman wrote:Seems like his last shot was his best shot, its a shame he did not take it first.
I was thinking the samething.. He said he wanted to kill hisself once. Why couldnt he have done that and left everyone else alone

the police have another building surrounded on campus now so somethng else is going on there now
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

jh45gun,

That bill was to force VA Tech to allow students to carry if they have a concealed carry permit.

It is already legal to carry on campuses in VA.

This was a rule against carrying on that campus and was made by that university board. If a VA Tech student or faculty was caught carrying a gun on campus, which the state recognizes as a right, they would be expelled or fired.

If my concealed carry permitted son or daughter was student there and was killed because of their backwards policy there would be hell to pay.
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

it still amazes me how this kid even got to go to VT? I was going there and you needed a VERY good GPA to get in. They really didnt look at you unless you had atleast a 3.2+, but mostly 3.8+ GPA's. From what everyone is saying, this kid sukked in class and grades.

I dont know why he wasnt kicked out since he had cops in his room twice for stalking girls. On eof his teachers had him removed from class since he distrubed the other students. The plays and essays he wrote were about kill this, kill that, I hate you, I want to watch you bleed. Had someone did this in my High School they would have been suspended for who knows how long. I just cant see why someone this troubled was allowed to stay in class and on campus. Not blaming anyone, but it just doesnt make sense to me. Espically since he wouldnt even TALK in class. If you cant speak, how can you pass english which is what he majored in :shock: :?: :idea:
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

breaking news from about 15mins ago

Cho(shooter) had sent a package to NBC news with pictures and letters. That was sent out either the day before it the morning of the killing.

also something else that was issued in 05 from a court by va special justice that and a court order that said Cho is a imminent danger to others and cannot to care for hisself. Needs to be put in hospital. Is mentally ill.

again this was in 05!!!!

now why was he allowed to stay in college with others for 2 years after that:rolleyes: