STRING DAMPENING SYSTEM DONE

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

GREYWOLF

STRING DAMPENING SYSTEM DONE

Post by GREYWOLF »

After folowing sumner4991 's instructions I finished my system, It works great with noticable results in less sound and vibration when shot. I also added some SIMS strips to the stocks forarm , this along with the foam filling in the rail made this one of the quietest and vibration free bow's I have ever shot , also that is a BOO custom String :D :D :D GREYWOLF

[/img]Image

[/img]Image

[/img]Image

Image[/img]
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
gad

Post by gad »

Nice system.
What was the cost of the anti-vibration system?
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
wabi

Post by wabi »

Looks like this system may have some real promise in dampening noise & vibration. Do you use a rope cocking aid with it? Is there plenty of clearance for the string hooks?
wabi
dw

Post by dw »

think it will slow down the arrow speed?
looks good! :D
"dw"
"you gotta love it"
PRB

Post by PRB »

Congratulations. That looks like a really great setup 8)
Life Is Too Short !!! Live For The Moment !!!
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

GreyWolf,

Looks great. I have spent a lot of time reading about the the dampeners and I think that it is a great addition to the Xbow. Have you had a chance to run an arrow through the chrono, and do the modifications you made affect the excalibur warranty??

Thanks,

HH
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Hey Grey

Nice looking rig - I'll give yah $350 for it!
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
diesel

Post by diesel »

Looks great . Yes and I too want to know it the dampening system cost you any speed.

Thanks
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

Cost was $19.00 for the shock blocker pads, and $8.00 for the 2,5" L brackets and hardware , speed was not afected at all, 420 grain bolt average speed 319.6 and a 350 grain bolt average speed 339.3
Tests were done useing a my TEFLON coated rail , BOO fast flight string , my custom made gold tip bolts with 2" blazer vanes, air temp 73 degrees , a cross wind of 5 to 9 mph, and we used a ProChrono Digital Chronograph , averages were based on 6 shots,
I think this is a great set up and it will most certenly help save the limbs in case of a dry fire, GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v651/greywolf1/Copyofexcalibur037-1.jpg[/img]
Ocyrus

Post by Ocyrus »

I did the same thing, I will never go back no loss of speed! :wink:
Bowfish Florida
Normous

Post by Normous »

Greywolf,
Maybe I missed it, but could you post on how to obtain the pads and brackets for this system. I'm certainly interested.
Also are you able to PM me the details on having my rail teflon coated. It's somthing I want to do by August.
Thanks

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
gad

Post by gad »

GREYWOLF wrote:Cost was $19.00 for the shock blocker pads, and $8.00 for the 2,5" L brackets and hardware , speed was not afected at all, 420 grain bolt average speed 319.6 and a 350 grain bolt average speed 339.3
Tests were done useing a my TEFLON coated rail , BOO fast flight string , my custom made gold tip bolts with 2" blazer vanes, air temp 73 degrees , a cross wind of 5 to 9 mph, and we used a ProChrono Digital Chronograph , averages were based on 6 shots,
I think this is a great set up and it will most certenly help save the limbs in case of a dry fire, GREYWOLF
Thats great speeds from vortex, since the bow is rated at 330 fps. You are getting almost 10 fps more.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED
GREYWOLF

Post by GREYWOLF »

:D ENORMOUS you have a pm, Yes GAD I did pick up some speed , the same thing hapened when I TEFLON coated the max too ,also all my bolts are coated with silicone for even less drag, I have a few more things in mind to try out this spring , and will be posting more info GREYWOLF
1 CUSTOM EXOMAX
1 CUSTOM EXOCET 200
saxman

Post by saxman »

That is a sweet rig brother.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount