Thanks to all

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

raydaughety

Thanks to all

Post by raydaughety »

I'm going to make an attempt to tell you all what your prayers, e-mails, PMs, and friendships mean to me. I think that it's human nature that once you become to know someone a little, you call them a friend when they are actually merely an aquantance. How lucky would we be that we would become true friends with everyone that we met. Extremely lucky, I say. That is what happened when I joined this forum after breaking my back and purchasing the best crossbow in the world.

I have learned about foc, how to fletch bolts, how to sharpen broadheads and knives, how to set up ground blinds, how to track a wounded animal, and a lot about life, friendships, integrity, honesty, pain, and how a man should carry himself. I even learned how to properly eat an oreo :wink: .

All the words in the world can't desribe what you folks mean to me.

I wonder when Bill T and Kath started all of this, that they had any idea of what they were going to accomplish. Not only build the best crossbows in the world, but also build a brotherhood of hunters and shooters from around the globe that genuinely care about one another. My hats off to all at Excalibur.

Well I've rambled on enough, I think you guys know what I'm trying to say.

God Bless each and every one of you,
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
diesel

Post by diesel »

You are so right Ray, So glad you are doing better. Better and brighter day are a head for you. Keep the sun in your face and the wind at your back.
Larry
saxman

Post by saxman »

Well said Ray.It put a lump in my throat.I'm so glad you are back home and recovering.Prayer is a powerful thing.
I feel the same way.I killed my first deer with the help and guiadance of the people on this forum after over 40 years of trying.I am going through the hardest thing I have ever had to face with the friends on this forum.
How great it is to have brothers.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
wabi

Post by wabi »

Ray,
We've never had the opportunity to meet face to face, but I feel like I know you anyway. Glad to hear you're doing better with your recovery, but remember - it takes time!
I crushed a vertebrae in my back (T-7) in the 1980's and it took a year for it to strengthen back up. I believe the worst pain and agony I ever suffered was about a month after the accident when the muscles along my spine went into spasms. I knew they were coming on - I knew they were going to hurt like crazy - and there was no way I could stop them! Luckily I live right next door to a hospital and the ER had some good medication on hand! :lol: I followed the doctor's orders carefully for that year after the accident and seldom have any discomfort from the injury today. :D Wish I could say the same for the rest of my aging body! :lol:
wabi
Normous

Post by Normous »

That was the nicest most sincere post I has seen since joining this great forum.
Thanks Ray for making my day.

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

WELL RAY THERE ARE A LOT OF GOOD OLD BOYS ON THIS CHANNEL , I REALLY BELIEVE WE COULD CURE ALL THE WORLDS PROBLEMS , IF OUR POLITIONS WOULD JUST TUNE IN.

HAVE A GOODIN,,,,,,,,H.J.
they say he is still up there.
mdcrossbow

Post by mdcrossbow »

Ray I learned along time ago that a good prayer partner is priceless and you don't need to meet face to face to be real friends. Although the guys who I have meet from forums to hunt with after years of talking with them on the forums were like meeting up with a old friend and carring on with the relationship it's just that we have meet.

Glad you doing better and in Great spirits.

God Bless.

Dave Hawk
buckeye

Post by buckeye »

Well said Ray. There are a lot of good people on this forum and you can include yourself as one of the good ones Ray. I think were all just hoping that they have some break through in medicine to releive your pain.
BUCKEYE

A man who makes no mistakes usually doesn't make anything at all.
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Ray,

I am so glad to see you are starting to feel better and are posting on the forum again. It is amazing what happens when a group of people with like minds and similar interests get together. I also can say that this is the only forum I have ever really felt "at home" on.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

SO glad to see you back here Ray! Will continue to pray for you and your family.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.