wives who hunt ?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

M&M

wives who hunt ?

Post by M&M »

just wondering how many out there have wives that hunt with them? My wife and I will be married for 21yrs on the 15th of june and a couple of months ago she surprised me and said that this year she would like to give bowhunting a try and find out why I love it so much, so I am excited about the chance to share the thrill of bowhunting with her. M&M
hawg hunter

wives

Post by hawg hunter »

My wife hunts and fishes. She had her own fishing equipment before we were married and her own sidearm . She now has her own shotgun several pistols,rifles,and Phoenix. She is an excellent hunting pardner and carries her own weight at the lease. I will clean what she catches and shoots she cooks and cleans up afterward.
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

my wife has come hunting with me on several occations deer, turkey ,duck, goose, she doesent hunt but she enjoys going, she did have a browning micro midas compound bow a few years ago but she got sick and wasnt able to target shoot it so it hung on the wall for a couple years then we sold it, now her condition is alot better (fibromialgia) so im thinking of getting her the Excalibur - Apex , might even be able to get her to get her bow hunting licience.
Polecat

Post by Polecat »

I am proud to say I have been hunting with my wife since before we were married. And thats been a little over 30 years. She has all of her on stuff and gets just as excited as I do when the seasons for what we hunt comes around . And she is not to bad of a fisherman. :D
[img]http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z123/Polecat_2007/Jesus_the_Shepherd012.jpg[/img]
GOD IS THE GOOD SHEPHERD HE KNOWS THOSE
WHO KNOW HIM
Normous

Post by Normous »

Mine has been in the field with me for 22 years. A couple of months after we met she said "can we do something on saturday?" I said "no I have plans" she did not know that I hunted. She said "what are you doing?" I said "rabbit hunting". "Rabbit hunting, can I go?" she said.
So I then take my 18 year old girlfriend for a nature walk, shotgun in tow. She held her ears at the first shot and said "that was f******g loud"
I had my first rabbit. She said "what do we do now". "take his pajamas off and take the guts out"I said. She she watched intently. "Wow" she said. "That was cool, can I clean the next one"?
So I wasted no time marrying her. Always one easy going girl who *never* nags or complains no matter what....well, maybe bad drivers Grrrrrrr.
Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
TPM

Post by TPM »

My wife is my #1 hunting partner. She's actually the one who's responsible for getting me into crossbow hunting. She had done some hunting with her compound but always had it in her head to get a crossbow. She hunted with her Vixen for one season and the following year she bought me my Phoenix for my birthday. We also hunt grouse and geese together as well as deer during rifle and shotgun season. She's very supportive of getting other women introduced to shooting sports and never misses an opportunity to take a female friend or co-worker out to the range and let them try rifle shooting or archery. There are a lot of women out there who would love to try it but never have the opportunity.
It's nice not to having to explain hunting related purchases or make up excuses as to why I want to go hunting.

Last edited by TPM on Sat Jun 02, 2007 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
dschnarr

Post by dschnarr »

My wife comes out occasionally during turkey season with us. Last season she called in a jake for my hunting buddy. She will come out during the deer season when it is not to cold. I'm trying to convince her to get her archery licence.
Rich

Post by Rich »

My wife hunted for the first time last year, I guess she figured after 25 years of marriage I wasn't going to change so she joined me. I outfitted her with a Phoenix, T/C Omega, API stand, bino's, pack, knife, camo....I better stop before I realize how much money I spent. She is outfitted better than my hunting buddies. She is really looking forward to bow season this year.

Rich
Normous

Post by Normous »

Awesome Rich,
You did a good thing.
Great pics too.
I think I need a digital camera...one day.

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
John Wade

Post by John Wade »

The only hunting my wife ever did was for me. Turned out she was into catch and release though and I'm loose in the woods again.
John Wade the Dog Trainer
www.johnwade.ca
thebrtsdad

Post by thebrtsdad »

my wife is one of my best hunting partners I have if only I can get her an excal instead of her barnett rc.
nock em down!!
phoenixbc

Post by phoenixbc »

wife rifle hunts but does not bowhunt. this year she was lucky enough to draw a limited entry for bull elk practicaly out our back door. (about 30 minutes away) been narried 29 years and is a great hunting and fishing partner. hopefully will have a picture after sept. 10 of her first bull elk even though it will be with a rifle.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

April doesn't hunt with me, and honestly has no real interest in doing so, though she has gone out on stand with me, and no doubt will again.

She is a bona-fide country girl, though, and cheerfully processes all meat that comes through the door. I skin and debone ... and then I don't touch it again unless we make sausage or jerky, or I'm cooking it.

Can't beat that, huh?

She's a peach! :D
Grizz
Hoss

Post by Hoss »

My wife hunts and fishes with me all the time or often as she gets a chance..here is a pic of her practicing in the heat..

[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/ ... nting2.jpg[/img][/img]

[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v477/ ... nting3.jpg[/img][/img]

good form.....
Rich

Post by Rich »

I can't wait to get my wife back in the woods.

Rich
Last edited by Rich on Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.