Venison for the Men's Mission

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

John Wade

Venison for the Men's Mission

Post by John Wade »

Someone on the list, has some experience with this sort of project. I'm thinking of starting something similar either on my own or through my Rotary club.

Who are you? What can you give me as advice?
John Wade the Dog Trainer
www.johnwade.ca
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

its a good idea john but would it have to be govt. inspected?
John Wade

Post by John Wade »

I haven't a clue. Might be not if it isn't being sold? I'd need a butcher or two on board.

I'm positive someone mentioned this from the US side of the border. CrazyFarmer maybe. I'm going to PM him just in case my memory is actually working. I don't know whether he's posted lately.

The mission wants it and I'm pretty sure there's a good core of hunters here that could contribute. I just don't want to re invent a wheel that is already rolling somewhere out there. Heck the HBC's around here could feed an army.

Keep your eye on the thread to stay posted.

jw
www.johnwade.ca
chessy

Post by chessy »

tried that if you are talking about hunters for the hungry ... where you give part of your deer or all of it to the needy ... i shoot nusince deer in the winter, i shot a large number .. i gave some away and they had to sign waver forms i could not give all the deer away as there was alot.. the mnr pollicey is to leave them in the field for the wild animals... i thought it was a waste.but i play by there rules as far the animal i think has to be alive while inspected
bait pile willie

Post by bait pile willie »

john.maybe the first thing to do is aproach the mission in person with the idea I KNOW in some states hunters feeding the needy,it is done through churches and missions where the deer is ground into burger.
John Wade

Post by John Wade »

I have the contact. They're very interested. They've a ton of freezer space. I should say tons. Maybe a butchering budget as well and are willing to provide charitable tax receipts to butchers. Now I need to learn logistics, legalities.

jw
www.johnwade.ca
korey99

Post by korey99 »

I'd be an interested contributer. I shoot more than my family can eat each year...and it's getting harder and harder to give the stuff away! Although the pepperettes go REALLY fast! lol!

korey99