Boo's strings?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hotburn

Boo's strings?

Post by hotburn »

Seems like from this forum everyone seems happy with Dons strings. Can anyone tell me any advantage Flemish ends have over endless loop? I know on the older CB's you could only use one kind, but on my new Vortex I can use either right? Just curious on what all you think of the two types of strings. Also, what is some good colors to go with that is not to bright? But I like the two tone look also.

Thanks, Jason
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Jason, the Flemish twist and endless loop will make no difference on speed or POI, when you speak of being only able to shoot one kind you are thinking about FFF versus Dacron, that is a material difference, not cosmetic. It makes no difference, your new bow will accept any crossbow string material. The "can't shoot" strings goes back to the day of carved tips, you don't have those, you have Mag tips.
Flemish looks nice on a bow once it has been fired, but endless loop can look pretty sharp too..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
hotburn

Post by hotburn »

So from what you guys are saying you see no performance difference between Flemish and Endless loop right? I think the Flemish just looks cool IMO. But if it is has no advantage or has a disadvantage then I would need to rethink it. The way you guys talk of dry fires makes me nervous! I have been using a CB for the last fourteen years now, a Horton and have never dry fired it, nock on wood! But I have almost had a hole in my boot once, accept some how I did not, but instead almost broke my voice box! LOL!! In the event I should dry fire, what will limb replacement cost me? I do not plan on acting like I do not know what happened and get free stuff. What will a new set cost me?
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

hotburn wrote:So from what you guys are saying you see no performance difference between Flemish and Endless loop right?
That's not exactly correct. Since Excaliburs Endless Loop strings are now made using Dacron, there is a difference in performance and stability. Dacron stretches a lot more than FastFight or Dyneema string materials. Dacron although more forgiving, is not only slower, speedwise, but also not as durable.

Also, as stated by Bill T., Endless Loop strings made using materials other than Dacron have been know to be rather harsh and to cause limb tip wear or damage.

In my personal experience I've found although Flemish Twist strings made using Dyneema may not be as forgiving as Dacron, the advantages, of better performance, stability and durability, more than make up for it.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.