Vortex Trigger

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

hotburn

Vortex Trigger

Post by hotburn »

My Vortex came yesterday and have been having alot of fun shooting it so far. I am pleased with this CB. The one part that is maybe bothering me is the length of trigger pull. I have been shooting Horton's for the last fourteen years and Bought the Excal because of all the good things I was hearing about them on Huntingnet.com The trigger is just as light as my Supermax, but it seems like it has a long pull to me. I have seen this posted several times on here but have not seen a good answer yet or maybe I missed it. Does anyone know if this is normal for the new thumb hole stock or what can be done about it. So far the Vortex is beating my Horton hands down, but the trigger is not as good IMO. Any suggestions?
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Talk to the Excalibur customer servicew guy.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

That wasn't a flip answer, apparently there were some bows with spring issues this year. I had much the same problem with my Equinox, considerable take up and gritty release. I stumbled on a cure. Here's what I wrote re my fix under my post above: "Incredible as it may sound, I lubed the trigger mechanism with TriFlo, a lubricant with Teflon in it, and the creep and take up vanished. Just vanished!
I had been shooting the bow on an almost daily basis ( for 2+ months) and it wasn't coming around. After the lube, take up is zero and my release is just a hair under 3 lbs on the RCBS trigger scale. I'm a happy camper!"
hotburn

Post by hotburn »

How do I lube it up? Does it come out in one complete assembled unit and I just apply the lube, or does it involve taking lots of littles apart? I feel like the release weight is great, but the length of pull getting there sucks!
Cossack

trigger lube

Post by Cossack »

No need to take out the trigger unit. I used a spray can with a plastic nozel and sprayed up into the trigger unit with the bow upside down. Easy does it on the spray.