KY/TN Land Between the Lakes Area

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JDMiller

KY/TN Land Between the Lakes Area

Post by JDMiller »

I dont post much on this site but check the threads almost daily. The Land Between the Lakes is a public use, national recreation area and borders Kentucky & Tennessee. Their asking for input on their hunting programs and comments are welcomed by users and potential users of this area.

To bring those interested up to speed ..... LBL has allowed crossbow use on the Tennessee portion of LBL throughout archery for deer the last two seasons. They basically implimented Tennessee's DNR's regulation changes that allowed this statewide. As for the Kentucky portion... LBL has prohibited crossbow use and have not implimented crossbow use/season for small game ,whitetailed deer or fall archery turkey. They did however...with persisistence... allow crossbow use for spring turkey while other weapons were legal hunting equipment. No other form of crossbow use for small game , deer or fall turkey has been implimented for the Kentucky portion.

I'll also add that LBL wildlife biologist will be concluding a three year study concerning the effects of crossbow use at LBL. I've been in contact with their biologist concerning their study of the south end and as of this past spring, no negetive impact has been reported.

Other items their asking input on are "Quality Deer Management" , "Quota Hunts" and "Season Structures". I personally believe since LBL being federal controlled... its very important for hunters to provide comments concerning hunting related programs. Continued interest & support is needed to continue hunting as we know it and provide those opportunities for us users of LBL. Below is the outline & contact information.

Hunting program review; The USFS will be reviewing LBL's hunting program in 2007, inculding an evaluation of quality deer managmant options, use of crossbows, quota hunts, and current season structures. Results would be implemented in 2008 and beyond. Please send any suggestions to;

LBL Hunting Program,
Land Between the Lakes NRA,100 Van Morgan Drive,
Golden Pond Ky 42211

or email with "Hunting Review" in the subject line to;

[email protected]
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

Ooops!

I didn't see your or we posted at the same time..

Do it guys...
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
JDMiller

Post by JDMiller »

Great minds think alike.. :D

We must have posted about the same time. Mods feel free to delete one of the LBL post.
curmudgeon

Post by curmudgeon »

Went to the site and done that, thanks for the heads up. :)