OT walked out the door this morning to cops with guns

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dnepr

OT walked out the door this morning to cops with guns

Post by dnepr »

I had a bit of a suprise this morning . I walked out my front door to go to the garage and saw a cruiser and a city police officer with his shotgun in hand . I am to old to have to worry that he was there for me , 20 years ago I probably would have assuned he was looking for me . Turns out we had a wounded wolf in the neighborhood . If I had walked out my door 10 minutes earlier I would have pretty much stepped on it . I was glad that my dog was inside with me. Although at the end of the block is bush my neighborhood is packed in like typical suburbia. I have looked at my back yard and realized there is no safe way to practice with my crossbow at home , I was thinking how the &!@$ are these officers going to get a safe shot at this wolf. I thought the only way is to get elevated . After about 20 minutes they pushed the wolf about a block over where it lied down beside a fence so the officer put a ladder against the fence and shot it straight down . I have to say I was impressed with how the officer handle thier shotguns and themselves . The wolf was apparently in really rough shape, so it was a merciful thing to put him down .
Although the Kenora police have had some bad press lately I have to say that these officers handled a tough situation quite well.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Good for the policemen!

Most law enforcement officers really are public servants with good hearts. It's the bad ones who get all the press, it seems.

When I was a child, my mom told me, "Don't be afraid of policemen, Adam ... they're your friends." In 42 years, I have found that to be overwhelmingly true, in spite of a few bad apples I have known.

We need good policemen of all sorts. I'm on their side.
Grizz
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

It wasn't all that long ago we had a female cop shoot a rabid dog that was in her trunk (through the trunk lid), I guess the police training at that time didn't teach them about the propane tanks mounted against the back seat.
I live in the country, we used to be patrolled by Provincial police, now the nearby town of Woodstock changed their name from Woodstock city police to Oxford community police.. It was a smooth transaction, fortunately alot of the officers are from around here and are familiar with the way things are done out here, it is not uncommon for the local store to have more tractors/snowmobiles/quads in front of it than cars..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string