O/T: Va guys.. basspro sale

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

O/T: Va guys.. basspro sale

Post by crazyfarmer »

July 28th-Aug 5 bass pro shops down in Hampton is having a big sale on their guns, bows, tree stands, boots, and etc... Im going down sunday to pick up a free treestands and some boots before the season gets close and prices go up LOL.

anyone else get the flier and are heading there?
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Farmer... You're out of control. You should be more frugal like me. I only blew about $600 this week on game feeder and trail camera. Damn this hunting is expensive! LOL LOL LOL
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
Rich

Post by Rich »

Dr Dan,

Try driving past it everyday on the way to/from work. They practically know me by name. I'll be picking up a new rangefinder, I'm looking at the Leupolds.

Rich
lotusnight45

Post by lotusnight45 »

Just in case anyones interested I have a brand new exomax in the trading post for sale and a bowtech compound check it out and pm me if interested.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

DrDan wrote:Farmer... You're out of control. You should be more frugal like me. I only blew about $600 this week on game feeder and trail camera. Damn this hunting is expensive! LOL LOL LOL
only 600 :lol:

I spent about 200 last week on a ML scope and some little things... 100 this week... probably will spend about 400 sunday at bass pro LOL..

thats not half of what I need LMAO.. I have a wedding in Oct so I told the wife to ask for money as gifts so I can stock my hunting closest with goodies LMAO HAHAHAHAHAHHA

Rich, I just thank god they didnt build one right beside my house cause I would be broke LMAO
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Wow you guys are loving it. I wish I could be out there buying some of the things on my hunting list, but I just dropped 700 on a new kayak for my girlfriend last Sunday. So hunting toys will probably have to wait for next year but atleast she now has something to do while I am away in the woods and hopefully she won't mind when my next big hunting purchase is made. :) I would love to check out the Bass Pro sale but I have a feeling they will have the same dang kayak for half the price, knowing my luck.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

man, i think im introuble. My girlfriend wants to come hunting this year so i just dropped 400 on a 2man treestand and soon prob another 400 on camo :(
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
taxman

basspro

Post by taxman »

cf--is the bass pro sale a national sale or just for the hampton location? i usually go to the baltimore bass pro--its only around 75miles from me as opposed to 150 to hampton. i just got a new tc muzzleloader and i need a new scope for it. what kind of scope did you get?

as for treestands-i still have 4 unopen/unused ladder hangons in my garage. of course i have 4 summits hanging in there too :D

they all may be for sale in a month--i just got a tree saddle and im awaiting to see if i can use it.
i usually spend at least $2500 a year on hunting goodies--its my only vice
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

if you sell them lemme know.. i might be interested.. I already have about 30 stands LOL :lol: treestands are like shoes are to women to me :lol:

I believe its a Hampton only sale since thats where I got the flier from but I could be wrong

oh and I bought the Millett buck lightning scope. Its 200bucks in stores but online I found them for 129shipped. Its a little heavy compared to most 3x9x40s(this is a 3x9x44). So far looking through the gun its a nice peice. Hopefully it shoots well when I sight it in

The bushnell banner is a nice 70-100buck scope also;)
taxman

scope

Post by taxman »

i was thinking about maybee buying the newest scope made for muzzleloaders--but i think i will stick w/ a conventional 1 recticle scope. i may try a bushnell elite. i almost bought the pro hunter--but instead got the triumph. i dont have a need to change out the barrels. i like a heavy scope--i may check out the millet-although i have never seen one. they do make nice rings :shock:
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Taxman, I think the sale is nation wide because I saw a commercial for it on CNBC today. Check their website. Also, I might be interested in 1 or 2 of those stands you have if you decide to part with them.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.
crazyfarmer

Re: scope

Post by crazyfarmer »

taxman wrote:i was thinking about maybee buying the newest scope made for muzzleloaders--but i think i will stick w/ a conventional 1 recticle scope. i may try a bushnell elite. i almost bought the pro hunter--but instead got the triumph. i dont have a need to change out the barrels. i like a heavy scope--i may check out the millet-although i have never seen one. they do make nice rings :shock:
I believe the millett is about 6-7oz's more which doesnt make that huge of a difference to me. Someone posted they didn tlike them on here, but ive heard the same from some that own bushnell also LOL. They have a website if you want to check theirs out and I have a link to where you can get them for half price LOL.

I was looking at the bushnell elite and trophy models also, but decided to try something different
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

anyone hit the sales;)

I went to get 2 of the 99buck tripod stands but they were sold out the first day of the dang sale :roll:

only bought one ladder stand, some alphaburly boots, ML sabots, shotgun shells, and some 223rifle bullets

first time Ive ever come out of there spending under 200bucks LMAO :lol:
taxman

bp

Post by taxman »

maybee i can get get my wife to take a ride w/ me to baltimore this weekend. i really dont need anything but i always leave w/ something. the last time i went i left w/ a fly gun-among other things. ive had so much fun w/ that. ive got 4 racks at home w/ camo.ive literally have 60 piece of camo. im sure i get a dvdthat i dont already have.
crazyfarmer

Re: bp

Post by crazyfarmer »

taxman wrote:maybee i can get get my wife to take a ride w/ me to baltimore this weekend. i really dont need anything but i always leave w/ something. the last time i went i left w/ a fly gun-among other things. ive had so much fun w/ that. ive got 4 racks at home w/ camo.ive literally have 60 piece of camo. im sure i get a dvdthat i dont already have.

how does that fly gun work? I saw them standing in line to checkout sunday lol.. it was like 3-4bucks I think. Then they had a tennis rack type bug swatter zapper thing there also LOL