Deck lube?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cossack

Deck lube?

Post by Cossack »

May have hit on something through my incessant experimentation.
Tried Molibdeum Disolfide powder (moly) as a deck lube. Figured if it's used to make bullets and barrels slick it might work on x bow decks. It does, somewhat, but it's also messy. So I cleaned it off using Ballistol, a gun cleaner/lubricant I use for cleaning my muzzleloader. Not only did it clean the moly off quite easily, but left the deck with a slick, slippery surface that isn't tacky like some deck lubes. Initial results show favorable accuracy, slightly higher hits (faster?). Hmmm! Seems I found a solution for 2 problems. Need to chron.
Ballistol was developed as a gun cleaner/lube for the military. It's biodegradeable and said to lube and preserve all sorts material including metal and leather. I've used it as a range cleaner mixed 50/50 with water. Not only does it clean the barrel of my ML very well but leaves enough lube to make sabot seating easy. When rubbed between the finger and thumb it feels very slick and leaves a dry waxy film that seems to last from shot to shot with X bow.
I get Ballistol from Midway USA.
KYXbow

Post by KYXbow »

Interesting....may hafta try some!
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I use T/C borebutter. :wink:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I spray the deck with silicone.

HH
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
hawg hunter

deck lube

Post by hawg hunter »

I used Ballistol on my mz loader bullets. Mite wrk as a deck lube. Rite now I'm wrkin on sprayin the deck and arrows w spray Teflon. Hard to get arrows out of some targets.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I'm also using the Teflon spray. Seems to work very well. However, if you are consistant with the application of the lube, then they all work well. Some require application more often than others, but, they all work well. Just remember to apply your lube of choice every 25-30 shots.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
gad

Post by gad »

Horton rail lube works good on excaliburs crossbows too.
I'm all for gun control. To me, gun control is putting 2 bullets in the same hole... UNCLE TED