Rage 3blade 100gr testing

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

crazyfarmer

Rage 3blade 100gr testing

Post by crazyfarmer »

welp I jst got these heads today and they look really well made. I like ther emore compact design compared to the spitfires. Ive been using slick tricks so I based my testing on those since they pretty much hit dead center everyshot also.

I started out at 20 yards with the rage heads and I'm glad I didnt shoot more than one bolt at the same spot. Dead center every shot! Backed the target out to 30 yards which is about my max shot and I was seeing 1-1.5inch groups which is good enough for me. The slicks shot the same also so either of these 2 heads would get the job done. I like the rage since they have about a half inch bigger cutting path than the slicks.

Im really glad that rage sends a practice head with theirs.. The spitfires didnt group well for me for some reason either so I would highly reccomend the new rage heads 8)
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

also, I would post pics of the shots, but if you have seen one bolt dead center you have seen them all LMAO
Rich

Post by Rich »

CF,

How do you think the head will hold up on a direct shoulder shot. I prefer the chiesel type head on fixed blades. I'm worried it will bend.

Rich
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Crazy . . .did you try one of the regular heads just for kicks? Just would like to know if the hunting tips fly like the practice tips.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Crazy
I done told yah! They seem to hit within 1/4" of the field tips at 30 yards for me, but I don't like to shoot them cuz they tear the hell out of my block.
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
taxman

cf

Post by taxman »

Rich wrote:CF,

How do you think the head will hold up on a direct shoulder shot. I prefer the chiesel type head on fixed blades. I'm worried it will bend.

Rich
me also
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

no, I didnt try one of the hunting heads simply cause I didnt want to mess up the blades LOL.

Thats the only thing im worried about also is a shoulder shot

hopefully I can test on a doe before Mr pope and young walks out :D

if all else fails I have the slicks for backup;)
Tar Heel

Post by Tar Heel »

sumner4991 wrote:Crazy . . .did you try one of the regular heads just for kicks? Just would like to know if the hunting tips fly like the practice tips.
Summer, I tried one of the Rage 3 blade hunting heads at 50 yds. and it
hit 2 inches to the right of the target rage head. The hunting head was
fully opened on the entrance hole.
I would give it a A+++++++.

Tar
The old man from the mountain
Dunn14

Post by Dunn14 »

thanks for sharing now i need to get to bass pro :D
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Thanks Tar Heel . . .I like the Rage and the InnerLoc . . .I still have plenty of leftover broadheads from some testing I did. I'll probably use them up first, then decide which mechanical I'll use. The Rage heads certainly look strong.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
M&M

Post by M&M »

my only concern with such a wide cut on these heads is what kind of effect will it have on penitration I would have to think it wouldn't penetrate quite as good as a good fixed blade head? Last year I shot the spitfires they shot well very accurate for me with my exocet 200 but I hit a deer in the shoulder at 15 yards and didn't get as great of penetration as I thought I should and these rage look very interesting but I wonder about the penetration. M&M
Woody Williams

Post by Woody Williams »

They had some problems with some of last year's models.

http://tinyurl.com/2hltxd
Woody Williams

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo Possum

Hunting in Indiana at [size=84][color=Red][b][url=http://huntingindiana.proboards52.com]HUNT-INDIANA[/url][/b][/color][/size]
Leone Russo

Post by Leone Russo »

We used the Rage three blade last year and took two large bodied deer. One deer was hit in the lungs and the other was a shoulder hit, both deer went down within twenty yards. On both shots the arrow passed through and the heads were still intact. The deer hit in the shoulder was shot at twenty yards. My lady shot a 235lb boar this spring with the three blade Rage at thirty yards and had a complete pass through. I was inpressed with the bone crushing ability of this broadhead. Great entrance and exit holes and good blood trails. I also like the practice tip that comes with them, it makes set up a snap. We are going to try out the new Buckmaster broadhead from American Broadhead Co. It looks like a real bone crusher. It's a three blade fixed broadhead.
Leone Russo
Crossbow Connection Magazine
P.O. Box 790
Twinsburg, OH 44087
(440) 478-7017
www.crossbowconnectionmagazine.com
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

I went to the website to check them out after reading this, looks like a great head! There is a video on there that shows the thing open up to it's full cutting diameter as it hits the target.
Thanks for the test, I just may try some too.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string