Scope base

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Cossack

Scope base

Post by Cossack »

Seems I need just a bit more eye relief for my LumiZone/Vortex combination. Using low Burris rings and the [b]eye/scope alignment is perfect[/b]. A bit more eye relief would make it even better.
Can't push it forward any more because the speed ring is hitting the base.
Is there another base that will give me about 3/4" more eye relief? (Before I start remodeling).
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Sorry for double post
bj

Re: Scope base

Post by bj »

Cossack wrote:Seems I need just a bit more eye relief for my LumiZone/Vortex combination. Using low Burris rings and the eye/scope alignment is perfect. A bit more eye relief would make it even better.
Is there another base that will give me about 3/4" more eye relief? (Before I start remodeling).
it would appear that you have the old style scope mount...the new mount has been relieved to allow for additional eye relief...

Wayne.....
navaman

Post by navaman »

i'd like to find the old style for my bow.
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
KYXbow

Re: Scope base

Post by KYXbow »

Cossack wrote:Seems I need just a bit more eye relief for my LumiZone/Vortex combination. Using low Burris rings and the eye/scope alignment is perfect. A bit more eye relief would make it even better.
I figured people would run into this problem with excals new line. I picked up a Vortex at BassPro Shops this weekend. Very nice crossbow. I love the thumbhole. But, I did notice the stock seemed to be shorter in length than my Exocet 200. A shorter stock puts you closer to the scope, shortening eye relief. Since you already have the lumizone, it is obvious you want to fix the problem with a base. But, if you ever think about a new scope, consider Leupold, the have a very generous eye relief. I dont think they make crossbow scopes but the eye relief and clarity are unbelievable. I have two Leupold on two rifles and I will not top a rifle with anything else.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Cossack,
I don't know how tall you are, but one other suggestion would be to add a butt pad which will add about 1" in stock length and eye relief. The custom Vortex I recently purchased from Greywolf has a custom Sims pad which is perfect for me at my 6'4" hight. The Vortex was a gift to my wife, now I'm envious, I wish it was mine.
Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Andre Leblanc

Post by Andre Leblanc »

enormous, do you have more model information on this sims pad. I'm 6'1", shooting an Equinox and could use additional stock for all the same reasons. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
P.S. I just installed the 'Absorber' Matthias makes over in Italy, what a difference they make, much more quiet.
Andre Leblanc
Canoe Builder/Owner
North Bay Canoe and Kayak
www.nbcanoe.com
Equinox w/Lumi-zone Scope
navaman

Post by navaman »

could someone tell me a little more about the absorber ? are they expensive ? where do you get one ? etc. etc. :)
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Actually a fine file did the trick. I used low Burris rings causeing the speed ring to hit the back of the base. I could have used taller rings but that would have decreased my blank point range considerably. Only had to file down about 1/4" for about 1" horizontally and that gave me the relief I needed. I made the length border cut with a fine hack saw then filed up to it. A couple of dabs of black paint and you can't even tell it was done.