o/t they are slowly winning .. gun range closes

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

chessy

o/t they are slowly winning .. gun range closes

Post by chessy »

TORONTO/AM 640 TORONTO - Sensitivity to gun violence has about 400 shooting range members at the University of Toronto looking for a new hobby.
After nearly 90 years at Hart House, the school's shutting down the gun club. And they're not hiding behnd excuses. They admit it's simply because of the optics.

School officials say they don't like the perception that they're accepting of guns and gun violence.

The decision to close the club comes after a recommendation from a committee which says the range is just a painful reminder of what guns can do outside the range.

That's the big issue among the members who say one thing has nothing to do with the other. They say they reprsent the safest and most responsible side of shooting as a sport.

The club actually has a spotless safety record through it's 88 years in operation
TPM

Post by TPM »

Wow, I didn't know any of the educational institutions in Ontario had shooting ranges any more. I thought they were all shut down in the 1960's and 70's. I know the one in my old school was converted into an archery range in the late 1970's and then to a storage room in the 1980's.
The biggest threat to ranges now in Canada are the Government Range Inspectors. A lot of clubs won't have the finance's to comply with the neurotic standards the government is implementing. I installed a redlight/greenlight system to our range to indicate range hot and range safe. The inspector came back and said we had to install and audio device to let any visually impaired shooters who are using the range know when the light changes states. I can't recall the last time I saw a blind person shooting at our range. :roll:
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
hikerman

Post by hikerman »

The inspector came back and said we had to install and audio device to let any visually impaired shooters who are using the range know when the light changes states. I can't recall the last time I saw a blind person shooting at our range.

Now that funny!!!!!!!!
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

Your right, slowly they're making there way across the country!
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
John Wade

Re: o/t they are slowly winning .. gun range closes

Post by John Wade »

chessy wrote:TORONTO/AM 640 TORONTO - University of Toronto ... School officials
Is that what a university education buys theses days. An abandonment of reason?
John Wade the Dog Trainer
www.johnwade.ca
John Wade

Post by John Wade »

Do you know if they're trying to organize any effort to defend themselves?
John Wade the Dog Trainer
www.johnwade.ca
chessy

Post by chessy »

i listened to the news confrence they had ... they guy (forget his name) all he kept saying is the gun club does not promote the universaty in any way... so therefor it had to go.... they said it had nothing to do with the violence in toronto