Gold Tip out, Easton in

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Normous

Post by Normous »

Shakky wrote:So the standard set up increases to around 380gr then. Wouldn't be my first choice if I were shooting a Vixen considering the min. arrow weight is 325gr. but with a 125gr head it would be a good set up for my Maxpoint coming in at 405gr. Does seem strange that a company would make an arrow for Excalibur and have it come in at 20gr heavier. The min. arrow weight for Excalibur bows is 350gr and that is what their advertized speed is based on. A 30gr difference is going to cost you about 15fps. Maybe there are going to change to a 85 grain head. Time will tell I guess.
My basic understanding is that you gain or loose 1 fps for every 5 grains added or subtracted. So a 20 gr bolt increase amounts to an 4fps loss and a 30 gr increase amounts to a 6 fps loss, not 15 fps they way I see it.

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

[quote="rutman"]I hope that the GT's are still gonna be available at archers nook. I am sold and sighted on them and hate changing a program that works.[/quote]

I picked up my exomax at shooters choice yesterday and I talked to a guy there and he said he hasn't heard of this, shooters choice still have about 100 GT Laser 2's. By the way, ill post pics on what accuracy im getting at 50 yds with my exomax and GT carbons! Amazing!
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
wabi

Post by wabi »

Could it be that Excalibur is finally trending toward the thought that speed isn't everything?
I find it interesting that the changes in strings and arrow weight is now getting very close to what I've been shooting on my Phoenix since I first got it and tested it with several combinations of string type & arrow weight. An arrow around 380 grains and a dacron string is much quieter/smoother shooting than a fastflight string and 350 grain arrow. I haven't even checked velocity, as quite frankly, I don't care! That combination has taken the 3 deer I used it on, and I couldn't see a bit of difference in the hole in them. Why stress the limbs to the limit to gain a few fps?
wabi
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

wabi wrote:Could it be that Excalibur is finally trending toward the thought that speed isn't everything?
I find it interesting that the changes in strings and arrow weight is now getting very close to what I've been shooting on my Phoenix since I first got it and tested it with several combinations of string type & arrow weight. An arrow around 380 grains and a dacron string is much quieter/smoother shooting than a fastflight string and 350 grain arrow. I haven't even checked velocity, as quite frankly, I don't care! That combination has taken the 3 deer I used it on, and I couldn't see a bit of difference in the hole in them. Why stress the limbs to the limit to gain a few fps?
a flastflight string and a 380grain bolt shoots well also;) I tried all weight bolts and ended up with a 380grain one for perfect speed and flight

if they do switch, im sure excal will tell us when the time comes
Excalibur Marketing Dude
Site Admin

Post by Excalibur Marketing Dude »

There is no problem shooting the Goldtip arrows they are still a great product and we fully endorse thier use. Heck, I still have a bunch of them that I intend to use this season.

We are trying the Easton arrows to beat the insert adhesion problems we have had with the odd Goldtip arrow. The Eastons are a bit heavier but so far we have not been able to pull an insert out which is an improvement. We have also spent many hours testing these new arrows with excellent results and very comparable to the Goldtips.

We are always looking at little ways to continue deveoping our product line to keep you, our customers happy.

Peter
Excalibur Crossbow Inc.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

Excalibur Marketing Dude wrote:There is no problem shooting the Goldtip arrows they are still a great product and we fully endorse thier use. Heck, I still have a bunch of them that I intend to use this season.

We are trying the Easton arrows to beat the insert adhesion problems we have had with the odd Goldtip arrow. The Eastons are a bit heavier but so far we have not been able to pull an insert out which is an improvement. We have also spent many hours testing these new arrows with excellent results and very comparable to the Goldtips.

We are always looking at little ways to continue deveoping our product line to keep you, our customers happy.

Peter
Excalibur Crossbow Inc.
I think you need to send a few batches out for testing to farmers around the world..

<------ whatcha know, a farmer is right here LOL

hahaha

im sure the new eastons will be just as good if not better than the gold tips were;) goodluck
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Nice to know Excal. is continually looking for a better product. It has been mentioned more than a few times on this forum about the inserts pulling out of carbon shafts.

This is the #1 reason I switched back to aluminum last season, and I know many folks have as well.

Good luck with the new bolts.

Jay
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I do not think the Gold tip fans have to worry about their supply drying up any time soon . The shafts are still listed on GT's website , so they should be available for anyone needing them .
http://goldtip.com/products/family.asp? ... =207815809
ranger66

Post by ranger66 »

Does Shooters Choice stock these bolts now, I wouldnt mind trying them out. If they do, I may have a couple dozen Bemans for sale.
KNIGHTS OF NI

Post by KNIGHTS OF NI »

Ranger66 Shooters choice had Excalibur branded Easton arrows when I was there on Friday.
Regards
Knights of Ni
M&M

Post by M&M »

could this bolt be the power bolt and not firebolt? I have searched and can not find anything about a easton firebolt plenty on the power bolt. M&M