White Fawn

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

White Fawn

Post by Mike P »

I received this email from a friend so I cannot vouch for how accurate all the information is, but the pictures were cool so I thought I would share them with all of you. Below is also the text of the email that accompanied the pictures. It mentions Fossil Rim and that is located in Texas not far from Dallas & Ft. Worth, so I think it is safe to assume this is a Texas whitetail.

A very eventful day around here... A once in many lifetimes experience!
Mark saw this lil' feller run out in front of a car, thought it was a lost baby goat. Stopped to get it, and WOW. A real Albino Whitetail Deer. Just hours old, but doing fine. No Momma deer around. Another car nearly hit it in front of Mark...
Well,, he is THE neatest thing any of us ever saw. And such a 'freak of nature', that only 1 in more than a million are even born. He took his bottle of food, followed us around the house, doing great. So, we called the Zoo &Fossil Rim, who were both interested, but we're going to send him to a Rehab farm. Maybe he will make it in captivity somewhere and be appreciated. So rare... Sure wanted to keep him tho. but, not the thing to do. And not LEGAL either ; But, here are a couple of pix to show ya. He was snow white, pink eyes, ears, nose and hooves. Kids called him POWDER. He was SO small. That is my shoe lying beside him... WOW..how cool is that??

Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Very unique deer.

I'll bet Mama was around, unless she'd been hit by a vehicle.

Hope he lives. :D
Grizz
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Saw a mulie albino fawn while hunting in Montana some time ago. It ran right past us several times. Rancher said it didn't survive the winter, other deer kept beating up on it.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Here's a post by GaryL on Feb. 9, 2006, which refers to the same fawn.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... ght=albino
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
bow hunter

Post by bow hunter »

That picture has been floating around the internet for some time. It looks real and I assume it is, but I also would assume that fawn is a full grown deer by now or maybe even dead of old age.
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

ComfyBear wrote:Here's a post by GaryL on Feb. 9, 2006, which refers to the same fawn.
Sorry, I didn't see that post or I would not have re-posted.