love my new exuinox

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

travis

love my new exuinox

Post by travis »

finally got the time to build a target and shoot around 30 shots with my new exuinox. what a bow, it was great to buy the bow and right stuff scope package and not have any surprise or hidden costs or needs. and after reading this forum for the last week or so i see what all you like about excaliburs so much. i shot at 10,20,30,and 40 yards and could not beleive it i didnt even have to make any adjustments to the scope and it was dead on.

looking forward to my first season hunting with the x-bow making the transition from compounds.

thank for all the great advice and tips on this forum.
exuinox, groundpounder mount,
right stuff scope packeage
greatest WIFE and kids got me this for fathers day.
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Congratulations on your purchase!

-edit- I just noticed you got this for Fathers day! Hey, that is one great family you have there, Congrats on that too!
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
saxman

Post by saxman »

Congrats and welcome.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
Matthias72

Post by Matthias72 »

You wellcome and congratulations!!! :wink:
Hunting&Crossbow- www.cacciaebalestra.altervista.org -The first Italian crossbowyers site

Exomax&Exocet200
Meopta Artemis 2000 3-12x50
Wolfszeit adjustable scope mount
Absorber V-BAR
Ultra-sensitive trigger
2219xx78-620grs-21% FOC
Nap Nitron
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

Congrats.
I gave mine up because it was just oo hard to cock. Wanting the power, I purchased the Vortex, which is a bit shorter and 25 lbs less draw weight.
THEN, I learned how to cock it easier. Shorten the rope for the manual cocker so that one hook is approximately half way between the string and cocking hooks while the other is on the string. (Yes, that short). Now, place one of the hooks on the string (right side if you're right handed etc), holding the left hook with your heft hand pull the string up to it with the right hand and hook the left hooks as it gets there. Then cock as usual. The shorter sting will make cocking easier. You won't have to rely on bicept strength when the elbows are cocked and back. And, it's much easier on the back becasue you can use your legs more for cocking by just standing up.
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

The only thing better than an Equinox in my humble opinion is an Equinox and alos a Phoenix for lighter shooting. I love the speed and power of the Equinox, but the Phoenix is just a little slower, but both are right on the nuts as far as accuracy is concerned.

A friend of mine who I fish and hunt with took a shot tonight with the Equinox and put the bolt absolutely dead center on a 2" diameter orange stick on on the target tonight. He said that did it, I'm convinced, I gotta have one !!!

Fine bows. Now all I need is a Vortex to compliment the other two...

DrDan
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
Allan

Post by Allan »

A lot of deer around Winchester, they better start a worry'n.