themacell

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Excellent tip! I have a cordless glue gun that uses that cell too..
ga_Game_hunter wrote:Here's something I've verified myself at Walmart. If you go to the curling iron section you will find a curling iron that uses the same Thermacell cartridge. Only you can get a two pack for $5.15. In the Sporting goods section you are paying $19.99 for a four pack so buying this 2 pack will save you 50%.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
M&M

Post by M&M »

thanks for all the feedback guys I guess I'll have to give it a try this season. M&M
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Do they get hot? Are they tip proof, I mean do they have to remain upright?
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
ga_Game_hunter

Post by ga_Game_hunter »

Pydpiper wrote:Do they get hot? Are they tip proof, I mean do they have to remain upright?
The cartridge screws up into the bottom of the thermacell so there is no chance of anything spilling out. I've used mine in both horizontal and vertical positions without any trouble. They also sell a case for the thermacell for around $10.00. With it you can latch it to your belt of hang it from somewhere like a tree.
ga_Game_hunter

Post by ga_Game_hunter »

ga_Game_hunter wrote:Here's something I've verified myself at Walmart. If you go to the curling iron section you will find a curling iron that uses the same Thermacell cartridge. Only you can get a two pack for $5.15. In the Sporting goods section you are paying $19.99 for a four pack so buying this 2 pack will save you 50%.
Well I went to Walmart last night to reload on my butane cartridges and ran into a little problem. I was waiting in line to check out and I realized something. These arent going to work real well without the blue pads. So it looks like we're stuck in paying the full price for the thermocell refills. Just wanted to mention that in ase anyone ran out to get some.
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

They work great here in Florida. I also put a squirt of acorn or persimmon scent on the pad and it really puts out the cover scent as well as repelling bugs at the same time. You can also use these curling iron butane cartridges for fuel -http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Butane-Cartridge ... dZViewItem
as the pads last longer than the fuel. I also use mine when its cold by putting it under my parka for a body warmer. They are the best thing since GRITS!!!!!!
jay
Invalid Session. Please resubmit the form.
Metropolis

Post by Metropolis »

I've been wondering about these things, On the last day of turkey this year we were chased out of the woods. We had leafy camo bug suits on and bug spray, but the skeeters were just relentless. :shock:
flbuckmaster

Post by flbuckmaster »

GO TO THIS LINK:http://cgi.ebay.com/12-Butane-Cartridge ... dZViewItem ON EBAY AND YOU CAN GET 12 CARTRIDGES FOR ABOUT 2 BUCKS EACH SHIPPED!!!!!!USE THEM FOR HAND AND BODY WARMERS IN THE WINTER

JAY