Under Armor Performance Underwear

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DrDan

Under Armor Performance Underwear

Post by DrDan »

Anyone have any first hand experience with this product?
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
BigTiny

Post by BigTiny »

I used it under my body armor to help with the New Orleans heat. It worked really well. I have also used a similar product made by 5.11 which I felt worked a little better and was more durable. They just came out with a t-shirt with two holster pockets built-in. I haven't ordered one yet, but it's definitely in my future.
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I bought Tyler a shirt for baseball and he says that it kept him a lot cooler.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
hawg hunter

under armor

Post by hawg hunter »

Before I retired in Dec 06 I used it for work in the good ole Texas sun. It worked very well and keep me a lot cooler. I've no complaints and have cont to wear it around the house doing yard wrk.
Bobber54

It works great for me

Post by Bobber54 »

I use it for deer hunting in all weather conditions. I bought some a few years ago. The hot weather set, seemed to cool me too much, even in hot weather. I'm a small person, so maybe someone with more mass it would work better. I prefer the midweight or temp (can't remember) worked the best for all weather for me. It removes the moisture from my body and seems to reduce my scent.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

I posted about this a few weeka ago.. bass pro sells a eundraskin stype shirt for about half the price of underarmor.. walmart even makes the same shirt for 9bucks

unless underarmor has something special in it, its the same as these shirts and pants.. just 30bucks more LOL

ive used the bass pro endruskin shirts and pants and love those.. keep you cool and dry in the hot sun as well as warm in the winter temps. If you go with underarmor, you have to buy both the heat and cold gear style for different temps. I perfer one that does both and plus its 20bucks cheaper LOL
taxman

ua

Post by taxman »

i have over 15 U/A outfits(mostly from my softball days). if you want to stay cool-use the "loose" style garments. If you want to saty warm-use the tight fitting wear. most of mine is loose style. for cold conditions-i use the tight bottoms then a second pair of long underwear that is l;oose. i use the remington black long handles from walmart($13). then i usually put a pair of loose sweats on. then the bibs go over that when i get to my stand. i use this only if its 30 degrees or lower. which is usually some late november mornings in virginia and most of december.
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

My concern is staying warm in winter weather without feeling like a stuffed sausage. Not worrying about hot weather. Nothing to hunt then anyhow so I stay out of the heat. I just wonder about sizes. Will that stuff stretch over a beer gut?

DrD
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
taxman

ua

Post by taxman »

then get it 1 or 2 sizes larger. trust me it is tight down there.
Alaspan

Post by Alaspan »

I have been wearing the Under Armor 'Cold Gear' under my hunting apparel for several years now, and I believe it is an excellent product. It wicks moisture like you wouldn't believe, and does what it's supposed to, and that's keep you warm. I've hunted until the end of December here with it, and it's good to go - and it gets pretty cold here.... I looked at some of the new camo Under Armor at Bass Pro while I was there, pricy, but it works. I have black, but it doesn't much matter as it is only part of my layering.

There may be comparable products for less, but their Cold Gear and Heat Gear really work.

Good luck.
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

it will stretch around anything LOL.. But I always get about 2 sizes above what I usually wear since I dont like things to tight.. I wear a L shirt usually but have to get 2x in these types of clothes LOL
navaman

Re: under armor

Post by navaman »

hawg hunter wrote:Before I retired in Dec 06 I used it for work in the good ole Texas sun. It worked very well and keep me a lot cooler. I've no complaints and have cont to wear it around the house doing yard wrk.
wonder how it would work in the big bend region with temps of up to 115 :?
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
groundpounder

Post by groundpounder »

I liked the stuffed sausage quote! Because that is how this stuff will make you feel. I would say buy larger than the sizing chart states. I bought one set according to the charts and wound up buying another set the next size larger. Both feel equally as tight! If you want the Underarmour I've found the best deals on ebay. I've purchased two sets of Coldgear for this years hunting so really haven't tried them out yet.
Why ride when you can walk!
crazyfarmer

Post by crazyfarmer »

UA also makes loose gear :lol: I couldnt find my camo endurskin shirt which is the same as the tight UA makes, so I picked up the UA loose gear shirt tonight and those are the acutal size shirts you wear everyday. Just they wick away mositure and make you feel cool when its hot out :D

price on those are 34.99 for the camo ones
Rich

Post by Rich »

CF,

BP in Hampton has the Endura camo shirts on clearance for $14.88. I picked up 2 today.

Rich