My new hott mail order Czech Republic Babe

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vapredhunter

My new hott mail order Czech Republic Babe

Post by vapredhunter »

:D Ok well she gets really hot after I put a few rounds through her. Picked her up today. Topped her with a Burris tried her out I like to call her CZ 550 and her measurements are .243 shes a real coyote killer. :lol: :lol:
[img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f69/vapredhunter/Hunting/yoterun.gif[/img]
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Good lookin' rifle! :D

I typically hunt with one faithful old .30-'06 ... but I let a friend use it one week 10 years ago and I borrowed another friend's .243 ... and I poleaxed three nice deer with it ... I mean they went down like rocks.

Lots of guys say that the .243 is too light for deer ... I guess no one told me. :wink:

Wonderful caliber ... fast as lightning, little recoil, super-accurate ... and just fine for deer with careful shooting and within reasonable range, in my experience.

Enjoy!
Grizz
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Too bad you didn't get a larger sleeping bag for her. :lol:

That's a very nice gun. The .243 is a great calibur. Deer don't stand a chance. My cousin has killed everything with his .243 at all ranges up to 300 yards. It's much more forgiving because of the flat trajectory. Makes putting that bullet where you want it, easy.

The reason I ended up shooting the .270 instead of the .243 is I wanted to be different. I was the first in our hunting group to use a .270. I started out using the 100 gr load and the tajectory is the same as the 80 gr .243 load. Both will totally take down anything.

Anyway . . .great rifle!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
DrDan

Post by DrDan »

Beautiful rifle! I am a big fan of the Mauser Type action - have two 375 H&H's one with open sights and one with 1.5 X 5X Leupold lighted reticule and with the controlled feed action never have to worry about ejection problems - even when you are upside down fighting for your life.

I also use 243 for coyotes - mine is a Sako Forrester which is also a controlled feed.

Most of them CZ actions need smoothing out. I load the action with toothpaste and work it for an hour or two while watching TV. Wash it out and repeat it until it is as smooth as butter.

Far as I know, CZ is only company making Mauser action now.

DrD
Phoenix - Equinox
Don't trust anyone wearing a necktie...
DrDan
hatchet jack

Post by hatchet jack »

i have always used a 3006 remington game master modle 760, i let my son use it & i bought a rossie 243 single shot, i really like it . it is light & easy to carry.. really shoots good.

h.j.
they say he is still up there.
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Dr. Dan:

Remington's 798 is a currently manufactured Mauser action.

The Empire 98 rifles are also Mauser actions.

Charles Daly was importing a Mauser action made in Serbia up until a year and a half ago.

Thought you might like to know. :D
Grizz