Excalibur Goes Hollywood

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Mike P

Excalibur Goes Hollywood

Post by Mike P »

Our favorite crossbow has just made the silver screen. I was watching a movie that just came out called Blades of Glory starring Will Ferrell and John Heder. The movie is pretty funny in parts but for me the best part of the movie takes place in the sporting goods dept. of a store. One of the villains of the movie is chasing Will Ferrell and picks up a crossbow as they run through the store, and yep, you guessed it, it’s an Excalibur. There is even a sign showing the logo in all its glory! He never manages to shoot Farrell but does put a bolt into a Giant Snowball.

So if your headed to blockbuster or any other movie rental place, pick up Blades of Glory and look for the scene with the Excalibur!
navaman

Post by navaman »

that's great ! ! 8) had to edit because of spelling :oops:
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
Rich

Post by Rich »

Mike,

Did you notice that the XBOW had both a scope and fiber optic sight mounted.

Rich
Fergie10

Post by Fergie10 »

lol yha i mentioned that back when in was in thearters pretty funny stuff what they actually do with it :lol:
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

Rich wrote:Mike,

Did you notice that the XBOW had both a scope and fiber optic sight mounted.

Rich

I did! But that's Hollywood for ya.
John Wade

Post by John Wade »

Now that another man has admitted publicly that he rented a movie about men figure skating (not that there's anything the matter with that) and that there is a cross bow in it as well, I'm feeling a little better about going out to rent it too. I'm still going to wear my Excalibur hat covering as much as my face as I can. Thank goodness Brokeback Mountain didn't have any cross bows in it. I don't think I could have crossed that line. Or did it have an Excalibur? One of you guys will have to let me know. :D
John Wade the Dog Trainer
www.johnwade.ca
navaman

Post by navaman »

i think the wives may be only ones that would've watched that brokeback movie. but what do i know? i'm just an old framing carpenter :lol:
"Be on the alert,stand firm in the faith,act like men, be strong."
MasterCaster

Post by MasterCaster »

Hey i noticed that also, I watched it last week the store owner rented out the movie before the release date.

I did also notice the double sighting system - LOL

MC
Sudbury ON

175 lb Pheonix
FFF String
Gold Tips
Varizone scope

Some fathers put sunscreen on the kids SOME - "Put Doe Urine"
Rage_A_Holic

Post by Rage_A_Holic »

A few months back I broke the limbs on my Exomax. I took the bow directly to the factory in Kitchener, and Peter fixed up my bow for me.

While I was waiting out front I had a chat with the nice lady behind the desk. She showed my an autographed picture of Will Ferrell, thanking Excalibur. She said that he got to shoot the bow behind the scenes, and ended up buying it personally.
[img]http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/948/sig2ty6.jpg[/img]
Mike P

Post by Mike P »

John Wade wrote:Now that another man has admitted publicly that he rented a movie about men figure skating (not that there's anything the matter with that) and that there is a cross bow in it as well, I'm feeling a little better about going out to rent it too.
I felt secure posting that I rented the movie as I thought new ground had been broken when crazyfarmer fessed up to hunting in a skirt. :roll:
TPM

Post by TPM »

Thank goodness Brokeback Mountain didn't have any cross bows in it. I don't think I could have crossed that line. Or did it have an Excalibur? One of you guys will have to let me know.
Naaa, you're thinking of Broke String Mountain. :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Bow Life

Post by Bow Life »

I hate to admit it but i watched brokeback. My girlfriend at the time conned me into it saying how she would like to see the movie, and i not having a clue what it was about took her to see it in theatres. What a suprise it was to me.
The best part was the guy beside me was in the exact same situation i was which made it not so bad.
Lets just say i didnt see any Excaliburs but i wasnt exactally paying full attention either.
Mike

Excalibur Exocet
Drop Zone Scope
Gold Tip Laser 2 Graphite Bolts
100 Wasp BroadHeads

Greatness is not in where we stand, but in what direction we are moving.
Skeeter

Post by Skeeter »

Rage_A_Holic wrote:A few months back I broke the limbs on my Exomax. I took the bow directly to the factory in Kitchener, and Peter fixed up my bow for me.

While I was waiting out front I had a chat with the nice lady behind the desk. She showed my an autographed picture of Will Ferrell, thanking Excalibur. She said that he got to shoot the bow behind the scenes, and ended up buying it personally.
Always VERY COOL to get the inside scoop! 8)
Skeeter

It's not the aptitude but the attitude that determines the altitude!
DropTine

Post by DropTine »

LOL Bow Life, dont feel alone, I was there too!
BowTech Gaurdian
Apex Sight
Trophy Taker Drop Away Rest
Beman ICS Camo Hunter Arrows
Rage 100gr Slipcam Broadheads
Scott Archery Release

I am 19 years old and hunt and fish as much as I can
wildwindom

Post by wildwindom »

Me and the wife watched it last night and its way to funny the excalibur shoot in the store was even better. Im gonna go buy its very funny!!!!
[img]http://i463.photobucket.com/albums/qq352/1garywindom/bones.jpg[/img]
08 VORTEX
FFF STRING
LUMI-ZONE
GT LAZER II
100 GRAIN SLICK TRICKS