Crossbow bolt question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ger34

Crossbow bolt question

Post by ger34 »

ok..ok...so I am new to this....the "base" of the crossbow bolt (the end of the bolt closest to the fletching) has a threaded insert.....does anyone know if this is a right hand or a left hand thread?
thank you
Digger

Post by Digger »

right handed thread.
Digger
2008 Y25 Relayer #593 Boo string, lumizone
2-1984 Relayer,
2-1992 Wolverine
Excal Phoenix, acudraw, VARizone
T.P. Titan TL4, acudraw 50, Varizone
Vixen, Steddy Eddy, Varizone
Martin Rage
Martin Jaguar
PSE Infinity
ger34

Post by ger34 »

hmmmm...interesting...now I am no engineer....however....it was mentioned to me today when we had a bolt stuck 3" into a tree that if it was a LEFT handed thread in the base of the bolt....you could screw in the "t" handle...unthread the field tip or broadhead...and you have your carbon shaft back....then you are out a broadhead...but you retain the shaft of the arrow...

Does this make sense?
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Often when an arrow is buried deep in a target, let alone 3" into a tree, all you get w/ arrow puller screwed into back of arrow is the nock.
"Eze 18:21"
diesel

Post by diesel »

I made a tool that I screw onto a slide hammer so you can remove the broadhead from the tree.
ger34

Post by ger34 »

diesel wrote:I made a tool that I screw onto a slide hammer so you can remove the broadhead from the tree.
do you hava a picture of this tool you can send me?
diesel

Post by diesel »

Sure will have to get it back from my brother. I think it was a 3/8 or 5/16 bolt. I drilled and tapped a hole in it and then used a nut to connect them together.
xbowking

Post by xbowking »

planter wrote:Hey guys.. Stop shooting trees...
Well my arrow went through my bear out the other side and then into a tree a little past the broad head a friend unscrewed the arrow now i have to go back and see if i can get my broad head out :?
Fergie10

Post by Fergie10 »

well i am ashamed to say it but it was me that shot the bolt into the tree instead of the target i mistakenly used the wrong arrow in the scope and shot 40 yards instead of 30 and was stuck in a tree 40 yards away so a least knew my scope was working alright :oops: