Need some help

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Need some help

Post by awshucks »

Any of you guys got a scope mount laying around you are willing to loan out? Got a 14 yr old kid in Ohio that blew his Horton up a week or so before season, I got a Vixen to loan him, but no mount or scope. He's a good kid, gonna be a future Excal owner, I'll take the responibility of getting items back to ya, pm me please? Thanks, as Ray would say, Big Time, lol.
"Eze 18:21"
chessy

Post by chessy »

what are the legalitys of getting it across the border... as i may have one... but i know that cabelas and other stores will not ship to canada due to 911 ... any body out there know .... please advise//////////// just checked i have one... but no rings and mount.... if i have to buy mount and rings for the kid to hunt i will do it .... as i can use em after... i just need the leagalites of getting it across
Rich

Post by Rich »

Chessy,

Just drop it in the mail, shouldn't be anything illegal about a scope mount.

Rich
chessy

Post by chessy »

we cant even get cabelas to send us scopes.. or any gun accesory now... the border is closed tight.... i will call tomorrow... and see what the government says.unless some one knows.. i have scope and it will take me a day or two to get rings and mounts ..
Andre Leblanc

Post by Andre Leblanc »

absolutely, I ship to the US all the time, and recieve from the Us as much. Just mail it express post. Call it "mounting brackets" on the customs declaration
Andre Leblanc
Canoe Builder/Owner
North Bay Canoe and Kayak
www.nbcanoe.com
Equinox w/Lumi-zone Scope
chessy

Post by chessy »

i am going to send scope to leblanc any probs with that ????
Andre Leblanc

Post by Andre Leblanc »

chessy, just mail it to him that way we won't waste time in transit. There's no problem for you to send it.

andre
Last edited by Andre Leblanc on Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andre Leblanc
Canoe Builder/Owner
North Bay Canoe and Kayak
www.nbcanoe.com
Equinox w/Lumi-zone Scope
chessy

Post by chessy »

sounds cool leblanc i need your mailing adress awshucks
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Jeeze.. I had a spare mount, shipped it out to a member on here and didn't even get a thanks.. Wish I had known about this then..
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

There are no "legalities" to over the border shipping, they don't like to see explosive stuff or items prohibited in Canada, but other than that it is just mail..
Customs occasionally snags stuff as a routine (mostly US Customs), but it will still pass through. One thing to consider is the value you declare, Canada Customs will tax whatever they can. I would not recommend it, but if you are shipping something it is best to describe it as the "parts" they are on your customs declaration. They are absolte bandits, and will sting you if they can.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
wabi

Post by wabi »

I have found shipping to Canada marking it "archery accessory" or "archery equipment" usually gets it right through customs.
The only exception was one crossbow that got "lost" in transit one time. It disappeared for over 30 days. The US postal service had it on record as far as Chicago, and Canada had no record of it. I got the paperwork from my local post office to file an insurance claim, and it was delivered to the person in Canada the next day. :lol:
wabi
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

The border can be a hassle! Actually, was hoping for some state side help, getting alot of pm's, warms my heart, give me a day or two to get this setup. Thank-you all very much, will try and put the easiest solution together and get back w/ ya!! We'll get-er-done!! His season opens 9/29 if I got it right.
Normous

Post by Normous »

Best marked as a "gift" or "used" to avoid any hassles.

Norm
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

Dan, is the mount for Squirrel? He really is a good kid! Let me know if you cannot find a mount state side. I'd like to give him a mount and detachable rings.
You're a good man Dan!!!!!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Yup!! Be Squillakilla 23 off of HNI xbow forum. Lot's of things in the world today a 14r old kid can be into besides deer hunting an xbows. We gotta take care of our future. And, thanks to the responses so far, we are.