Skinning Cats

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

A fellow hunter turned me on to this one. He always hunts with a blaze orage vest with a game pouch. In his pouch he carries one of the cheap plastic roll up snow sleds. It is basically a thick plastic sheet about 2 feet wide and 5 feet long. Unroll it and place it under the deer; Cut a couple holes near the edges and add a few small pieces of rope and you can make the drag half as hard. The sleds cost under $10 and come in a variety of colors.
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

Ray,

Thanks for the additional info. Usually I call my brother and he comes and drags out my deer and loads it for me. What a great arraingment except on those few times he can't get free. For what it costs it would be a great idea.

Thanks,

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Saw this at Canadian Tire today and thought about how much easier my life could be. :lol:

http://tinyurl.com/2ujqnq

The CrazyCarpet rolled up sled is more my budget though! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
pdislow

Post by pdislow »

if you can rig a "cat head" commonly called a capstan on to your winch shaft, you would no longer need to re loop every 25 feet. as you pull the line off the capstan let it fall into a 5 gal. bucket and it is stored for next time when you are finished winching the deer in. philip
thanks philip
ratherbefishin

Post by ratherbefishin »

I've been looking at those Costco electric winches-and powering on with a portable jumper cable battery makes a lot of sense.I am also wondering if you took off the steel cable and instead used the winch as a capstan[as suggested] it would work?
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I can walk about 200 yds with my cane and that's it. So The new atv will be a blessing this year to drag one out to the truck and then use my hoist to get him into the truck. Otherwise, I know my limitations and don't take any chances. If I were to go wandering off looking for a deer that I had shot and got to the point that I couldn't walk any further, I've put myself and others in a difficult position. I ALWAYS call someone to help.
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray