Bought the Rangefinder today

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

dick195252

Post by dick195252 »

Hello Congratulations On Your Range Finder Purchase. I Am Allso Thinking About The Exact Model You Bought, Any Pros And Cons You Find As You Test Out Yours I Would Really Appreciate. Thank You Good Shooting
raydaughety

Post by raydaughety »

I've got one and love it. You won't regret the purchase. It's kinda neat to know the distances of different things. When my wife bought mine, I drove her crazy, there wasn't a stop sign safe in town. :wink:
God Bless !!!!!!!!!

Ray
Pydpiper

Post by Pydpiper »

Good choice on the rangefinder! Godd job with passing on the bow too, sounds like you did the right thing.
If you are not willing to learn, nobody can help you, if you are willing, nobody can stop you.
A bowhunter with a passion for shooting firearms.
WMU 91
Boo string
huntin1

Post by huntin1 »

For archery and rifle to about 200 yards it should work just fine. The YP 600 that I had would do deer to about 350 most of the time. My YP1000 could do deer to about 600 most of the time. Now my Leica 1200 will do deer past 800 all the time and at 1000 most of the time. Not that I really need to range deer that far away, but I can if i want to. :P

And the optics on the Leica are way better, but then the cost is considerably more too.

I will give you some advice, take it for what it is worth. Do Not borrow your buddies Leica, it will ruin you forever. I thought my Bushnell's were great until my hunting partner let me use his Leica, then I had to get one of my own. :)

By what you posted in your other thread when you were looking at the Bushnell, for what you intend to do with it, it should do a good job for you.

huntin1
"Never corner something meaner than you"
saxman

Post by saxman »

I have the same one as well,very good tool.
Congrats my friend.
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I just bought a Nikon 440 yesterday. I was at Bass Pro Shops and they were on sale for $189. The salesman told me to stick with the Nikon because the warranty was a "No Fault Lifetime Warranty". I thought for $50 why not get that warranty! Well, I got home and pulled out the warranty card and it's a Limited One Year Warranty!! I lodged a complaint and the manager of Bass Pro called me and told me if I ever had any trouble with the unit to bring it back and they would give me a new one. I'll probably never have to take him up on the offer . . .I didn't even get it in writing. I thought it was awefully nice of the guy to call and offer. I do like the scanning mode . . .just go from one object to another. I would have paid the extra $50 for that, funny thing, the salesman told me it didn't have a scanning mode, HA! The Nikon 440 is suppose to be good on deer up to 437 yards . . .not tested it that range yet. I really like the size of the unit and how easy it fits in my hand.

I did look at the $889.00 rangefinder(not sure of the brand, just wanted to look at the highest price tag). Only real difference to me was the brightness because it had a builtin backlight. Nice, but, for my uses . . .the Nikon 440 is more than enough.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

That was the right choice . . .yardage is too critical to be guessing. I used mine in the woods today and I was off as much as 5 yards guessing how far away trees were at close range. It's especially difficult on hilly terrain. The Bushnell is a solid rangefinder. It's what I would have gotten if not for the "No Fault Lifetime Warranty". :shock: :lol:

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
huntin1

Post by huntin1 »

You will likely not need the warranty anyway. I used my Bushnells for about 5 years, never had a problem with them.

Never had a Nikon rangefinder, but I've got several Nikon rifle scopes and a Nikon spotter XL spotting scope, all are top notch.

huntin1
"Never corner something meaner than you"
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

You guys probably are doing this, but, I don't like to take anything for granted. Be sure to sight in your scope using your rangefinder. I found my "30 yard" mark in my backyard to be 28 yards on the rangefinder. My 40 yard mark was 37 yards on the rangefinder. My 50 yard mark was 47 yards on the rangefinder. I used a 10' rope to mark my range off the first time and I thought it was good. However, that's been over a year ago. Maybe the Earth has shrunk, leaving me with less backyard. :? :lol:

Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen