Easton Firebolts at Bass Pro

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rich

Easton Firebolts at Bass Pro

Post by Rich »

I was in BP in Hampton today and looked inside a six pack of Excalibur bolts and they were the new Eastons. I took them to the archery counter and weighed them, all six were within 2 grains of each other. A major improvement over the Goldtips. They also had the Excal logo on them, pretty cool looking. $39 for a six pack.

Rich
frydaddy

Thanks

Post by frydaddy »

:o I'll have to check my BP in savanah ga. and see if thay are there to.
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Are you sure they are called Firebolts? I have Googled and checked the Easton web site and there is absolutely no indication that they exist. There is plenty of information about Powerbolts by Easton on the 2 abovementioned sites. :?
Rich

Post by Rich »

Yeah they were Firebolts, in fact Shakky also said he bought some in an earlier post.

Rich
Orion

Part Number#

Post by Orion »

Do you have a part number or item number, I dont see them on Bass Pro web site.

Thanks
Rich

Post by Rich »

Didn't see them on BP site either.
Stash

Post by Stash »

Excalibur is using the same packaging for the new Firebolts as for the old Gold Tip Laser IIs, so you won't be able to tell them apart by the box. Same pricing, same UPC, same catalog number.

You might find the old and new stock is mixed up and you'll either have to open the package to see the logo, or you can tell the difference in the shaft finish. The Gold Tips are a dull flat black and the Firebolts are shiny.

You won't find "Firebolts" on the Easton website because they're labeled for Excalibur exclusively. Just like you won't find "Redhead" (Bass Pro) arrows listed on the Carbon Express website.
pokynojoe

Post by pokynojoe »

Stash(or anyone else):
Would you happen to know what the weight difference is in grains per inch between the new Firebolt and the ubiquitous Easton Power Bolt? The Carbon Power Bolt is listed as 10gr. per inch. I'm just curious if it is the same or lighter.

Thanks
Joe
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

This is a kind of silly question, but are the Firebolts with the "glossy" finish easier to pull from foam targets?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

I use Silicone Spray that you get at any hardware store and spray down my bolts (from tip to base of vanes) and it really helps making removal easy. I did this from my bowhunting days. Don't spray the vanes or the back part of the bolt after the vanes or you will have trouble gripping the bolt for removal.

I put it on the rail too and low and behold - no more burning smell.

Wayne
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Doesn't the silicon spray eventually travel back along the bolt?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Not exactly sure what you mean but just don't deliberately spray the vanes and back part, especially if you are thinking about re-fletching later I would think. Otherwise I never had any problems.
taureau noir

Post by taureau noir »

Do they still come in a three color vanes bolt ordothey have like a 3 yellow vanes or 2 yellow and 1 black?
Cause the 3 colors vanes are hard to find in grass or bushes.
Taureau noir
Rich

Post by Rich »

The packs I seen at BP had brown/black vanes, no bright colors.

Rich
Stash

Post by Stash »

Same left helical 5" Vanetec fletching, in assorted 3-color combos, same as the GTs were.