FS Discount Archery - My personal experience.

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

aerostarp

FS Discount Archery - My personal experience.

Post by aerostarp »

I ordered from them 12 GT L2s, Wasp Boss 100s and 100gr Field Points. After 2 weeks of waiting I received my package and the order was all messed up. I got a package of Wasp Boss BULLETS and Field Points of 145 gr. I looked at the vanes and they were seemingly placed haphazardly on some of the bolts - slight offset, no offset and not evenly distributed at 120 degrees around the arrow. The inserts and nocks came out after using them 1 or 2 times and the glue inside was seemingly just plopped into the carbon shaft with uneven weight distribution.

I called three times to check the order which I gave personally and then called twice to try and rectify their mistakes. They told me to send back the broadheads but that the Field Points, since they were part of the package and not charged separately for are "just given any weight" and not necessarily what you ask for :roll: Finally I got her to agree to send me the replacement fieldpoints and a week and a half later still nothing and no replies to my calls. I kept the broadheads and bolts because the season started last week for early doe and I did not want to chance not getting them on time or even the correct ones. Some of their bolts were so badly constructed that you could barely hit the target, much less group. I finally took all the vanes off and redid them myself, replaced the nocks and inserts that came out properly to get them to fly correctly.

This has been my experience with them as of now. Their customer service dept. and their workmanship is deplorable in my opinion.
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Well, my FP just came in today's mail. Guess what - they sent me 1 dozen 150 gr. FP instead of the 100 grs. I tried to have them resend me. Are they the WORST or what???????? :evil: I give up - So much for a $100 order. Don't buy from these people.

Wayne
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I had dealings with them years ago with an order of 1 dz. arrows. Was a total messup! None of them were fletched properly. I never did any business with them after that.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Well at least I now know what the FS stands for in FS Discount Archery - F-----g Stupid. :evil:
Grizzly Adam

Post by Grizzly Adam »

Too bad. Maybe it's genetic ... from their home page:

F/S is Family Owned & Operated (EST. 1968)
Grizz
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Grizz wrote:
Too bad. Maybe it's genetic ... from their home page:

F/S is Family Owned & Operated (EST. 1968)
I bet their familly tree is a straight line. :lol:
aerostarp

Post by aerostarp »

Bstout wrote:
I'm glad to see you're getting passed it aerostarp. I'm the kind of person that forgives but never forgets.
I agree with you. I just really wanted to warn the other members on this forum not to buy from them. For me it is over and done with.

Thanks for your concern. Wayne