Hunting teams

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

frydaddy

Can georgia boys be in?

Post by frydaddy »

:D I'm in. What about wildhogs. Pigs need hunten love too.
Fox

Post by Fox »

Can you sticky this so the scoring is easliy found.

I am really curious how this will work out, I know the southern boys already have a jump on us from Ontario.

Good luck all.
BigBird-VA

Post by BigBird-VA »

I know this is an Excal forum and I think them for providing it but I cannot see bonus points based upon brand of xbow.
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Three extra points for using an Excalibur on the Excalibur Forum, makes sense to me.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
GaryL

Post by GaryL »

BigBird-VA wrote:I know this is an Excal forum and I think them for providing it but I cannot see bonus points based upon brand of xbow.
Just click your heels together 3(three)times and say its a EXCALIBUR :shock:
Always learning!!
Home fer now!
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Honestly . . .if you use an Excalibur, then you should get less points because we all know it's much easier to hit your target with an Excalibur. :wink: :D
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

Kenton, What is this an advertisement or a hunting contest?? In no way shape or form should the type of bow used give a hunter more or less points..!! I am a proud owner of an original MAX and hunt with it 100% of the time. But...... there are many good bows out there and I can not see how points should be given to a hunter just because of brand. Excalibur may be the best crossbow out there as far as I am conserned but this forum is and always has been about "ALL" crossbow hunters and support for "ALL" crossbow hunters.
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Lighten up lads...it's supposed to be a fun thing remember??? :roll: If that's the rules, then that's the rules......jeeeeeeez.

Quit your whining.

Jay
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

j wrote:Lighten up lads...it's supposed to be a fun thing remember??? :roll: If that's the rules, then that's the rules......jeeeeeeez.

Quit your whining.

Jay
This is not about "Whining" j

Most of us on here know that we have had a long hard struggle to educate the public and other bow hunters about crossbows and the use of them as a "real" bows during bow season. We need to stick together on this not separate into brands etc.
jay73

Post by jay73 »

Tigerpaw wrote: We need to stick together on this not separate into brands etc.

T.P. I don't this this "excalibur 5 point" issue has anything to do with public awareness. I know about the crossbow's struggling over the years and still these days. I also know still only a fraction of provinces and states even allow them for use as regular archery equipment.

Where's the problem with promoting Excalibur's bows on thier own site.....am I missing something?

Anyways, that's my view - it won't be the same as everyone else's. And thats all I have to say about the matter.

Regards,

Jay
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Yes . . .I am all for getting extra points for shooting with an Excalibur. Why, because the guys that took the pains to put this together set that as a rule, that's why.

The rules are the rules. Maybe I don't like them all. If I wanted them to be different, then I should have made up the contest.

If having extra points will get an Excalibur in the woods a little more often and give Excalibur a little more exposure, then I'm all for that too. Because I want every hunter to have more opportunities to see the greatest crossbow on the planet.

Get to shooting!
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Kenton

Post by Kenton »

Whoa guys, I don't shoot an excalibur; I don't even shoot a crossbow. I mearly thought that since Excalibur hosts this awesome resource, it only makes sense.

It makes absolutely no difference what you shoot, how you shoot it, or even why you shoot. But here's the kicker: THIS "CONTEST" DOESN'T MATTER EITHER I love winning more than anyone on this planet, but if you hunt to win something, you've already lost.
"You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, and publicity." - Eddie Rickenbacker, World War I pilot
Tigerpaw

Post by Tigerpaw »

Sorry I jumped the gun. I did not realize this was a pro Excalibur hunt. I was under the impression that it was an all around forum member good will deer hunting contest. I did not realize that it was an add for Excalibur or I would have bought space!!! I have always thought Excalibur was the best of the best and use my Max exclusively when bow hunting!!

If this is a good will hunt between forum members and not a pro Excalibur hunt I stick by my assertion that it would be wrong to add points to a team because of the brand bow used to kill the chosen deer.
Since when did the deer care how it was killed???? And since when did bow hunters start caring more about the brand they carried into the woods then the ability to hunt the chosen game??

Just my thoughts and not meant to offend.
Tigerpaw.

PLEASE LET ME REILITERATE, I LOVE EXCALIBUR but....I HATE SUBVERSIVE ADVERTISEMENT!!!

I became a member of this forum years ago and (other then last year) Have not regretted it one bit!! The true quality members on this forum are outstanding. Between us all we could have wrote many a book on the finer points of crossbow hunting the whitetailed deer. I have come to realize that the passion from the forum members here far exceeds any brand and or type of bow used for deer hunting. Look at A.W., GREYWOLF, flbuckmaster, Hoss, GaryL, Woody Williams, chris4570, ecoaster, Grey Owl, just to name a few. These are crossbow hunters that know what the woods is like on a cold, frosty morning when you are in a stand with your legs cramping, your teeth chattering, and having to slap yourself, just to keep from giving up and climbing down to go home.

NOW that to me "is" what this forum is, has been, and always will be, about!!!!!
GREY OWL

Post by GREY OWL »

First of all, thanks for mentioning my name in your post, I'm quite flattered. :lol:

Just to give you my take on this matter, rules are rules and I've joined up with the pretense that I would follow these rules whether I like or not.

For instance were allowed 3 does and 1 buck. Where I hunt on our property, I'm only allowed 1 buck and 1 doe. In order to shoot more does I have to go waaaaayyy far away in another zone. I don't care for it, but da's the rules.

So what I need to do is capitalize on a huge buck which we have here in Saskatchewan to get maximum points, or go for extra bonus points by using my Excalibur xbow, just in case I can't get away to another zone.

So I guess what I'm saying, is that I'm taking these rules and making the best of it, maxiumizing where I can, and above all, HAVE FUN.

If I remember correctly, you slayed a big buck last hunting season, should put you right up there. :lol: :lol:

Grey Owl
LV2HNT

Post by LV2HNT »

Kenton wrote:
I love winning more than anyone on this planet, but if you hunt to win something, you've already lost.
Very well said Kenton.

I also thought that I could do without having the excal bonus rule. I thought it would be better to give a bonus for using any xbow, but this is the excalibur site which gives us more than we probably deserve. They are giving us the chance to have this contest and to socialize, by providing the forum, even to people who don't use Excals. And they give most of us the best xbows and the best customer service on the planet. I realy don't care if someone out there is going to see this forum and take a 1 measly point bonus as an advertisement or if someone loses a point because they didn't use an excal. This contest is for fun. It would be easy enough to lie and say you used an excal but we all know that won't happen with the fine, honorable members of this site. Right?.

The bottom line for me is that Kenton went through the trouble to organize this thing so what he says goes. If you don't agree with the rules, then let Kenton know and maybe he will change them or maybe he will make a note and change them to please more people next year. Assuming that we don't turn this contest into a pissing match and ruin our chances of having another contest next year. It is fine, healthy, and productive to disagree and voice your opinion but please don't take it personaly if things don't go your way.

Disclaimer: I am not saying that anyone has acted out of line. I just hope no one will because this will be a great contest if we make it that way.
A bad day in the woods is better than a good day anywhere else.